INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad Jukebox track name problems  (Read 2626 times)

larryd12

• nothing more to say...
Nomad Jukebox track name problems
« on: November 19, 2002, 11:58:14 am »

I'm using MJB 8.0.388 with a Creative Jukebox3.  This is working extremly well and I'm very happy I don't have to use Creative's Playcenter.

I have just one small problem - even though I have MJB configured to save track files in the format "TRACK# - NAME",  when mp3's are transfered to  the Jukebox3 the file name does not contain the track number.

This is a problem when a cd contains two tracks with the same name (as retreived from CDDB).  The second track is skipped because Jukebox3 needs a unique filename.

Other than manually renaming tracks is there a workaround for this?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Nomad Jukebox track name problems
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 01:27:09 pm »

> MJB configured to save track files in the format "TRACK# - NAME"

Is it really saved to the HD in that format? I wouldn't think track# would be stripped during transfer. Maybe the lead character can't be a number. Try the format "TTRACK# - NAME". So output (per MJ example) will be "T04 - Until it Sleeps.wav". Then your sort by track # will still work (provided you apply the format to all files destined for the JB3).

10-27

PS > What are you using for the transfer...MJ plug-in or JB3 software? Maybe thats whats doing the stripping. JB3 has FireWire connection, doesn't it? You may be able to access it as just another hard drive then use Windows functions to copy your files over.

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2002, 03:49:14 am »

Xen-uno,

Thanks for your reply to larryd. Your advice is great. I would however advise against your PS because even if this could work to move the files to the Nomad, I do not think the files would be recognized or playable.

Steve

larryd12

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2002, 09:57:25 am »

The Nomad Jukebox3 recognises and plays track files with leading numbers just fine.  As a matter of fact the first 5 demo track are these:

01 Introduction to EAX      MP3      Creative Labs      EAX Experience      <Unknown>      0:15      2001      132      1
02 Smart Volume      MP3      Creative Labs      EAX Experience      <Unknown>      0:25      2001      128      2
03 Smart Volume - Off      MP3      Creative Labs      EAX Experience      <Unknown>      0:17      2001      135      3
04 Smart Volume - On      MP3      Creative Labs      EAX Experience      <Unknown>      0:30      2001      128      4
05 Time Scaling            MP3      Creative Labs      EAX Experience      <Unknown>      0:23      2001      132      5

In addition, if I use Creative Playcenter to transfer the very files I ripped with MJB (these are not tracks I ripped with Playcenter, as a matter of fact I've ripped no tracks with Playcenter), the track names on the Nomad contain the numbers and play fine.

Again I've only tested with Nomad Jukebox3,  but I do happen to have a Nomad Jukebox 20gb also I could try if it would help.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

SteveG

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2002, 07:03:53 am »

Larryd,

I just posted a new Nomad Jukebox Plug-in (v 3.0.25) which should correct this. Thanks,

Steve

larryd12

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2002, 10:24:52 am »

Yup, that did it.  The track names come accross exactly as there stored on the computer.

This works perfectly for me but I could see that some people might want to have independant configuration of track names  on their computer and portable devices.  I don't think it's a high priority though.

Thank you for your excellent support Steve.

Larry

Random

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2002, 04:10:12 pm »

It broke my regular jukebox. I thought that I'd upgrade the plugin just for the heck of it and, while the installer says it installed ok, it doesn't. No nomad jukebox is listed under handhelds. Anyway that I can get the old plugin back?

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2002, 05:18:36 am »

Random,

Yes it is possible, but I don't think that is the problem. Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Plug-in. If you still have a problem, can you let me know at what point it crashes?

Thanks,

Steve

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2002, 12:38:35 pm »

I noticed the update to the plug-in, uninstalled my earlier version and installed the new version.  The first time I got an error (of course I did not write down what the error was, though it had something to do with the .dll).  So, I reinstalled it and it appeared to install properly, but now I cannot find it under handheld devices.  A major drag as I use it to move files to my Jukebox 3 often.  Any help in getting the new version running would be great.

Random

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2002, 02:03:21 pm »

Random,

Yes it is possible, but I don't think that is the problem. Could you try uninstalling and reinstalling the Plug-in. If you still have a problem, can you let me know at what point it crashes?

Thanks,

Steve

Well, it happened after I installed the new plugin. It's not that MJ crashes, what has happened is that I've lost the ability to use my Nomad Jukebox with MJ. The plugin downloads, says that it is installed ok but it's not listed in the plugin manager and MJ does not recognize my jukebox when it's plugged in.

And, because there's nothing in the plugin manager regarding the Nomad Jukebox, there's nothing to uninstall. And, I've tried reinstalling the new plugin a number of times. Each time it says that it installs ok but it's not recognized by the program.

Needless to say, I'm not too happy. Is there any way that I can get the previous plugin again as it worked just fine.

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2002, 10:02:42 am »

The program does not crash when I have tried to reinstall.  Actually it behaves very well.  It is just that the plug-in for Nomad Jukebox is now no longer there

SteveG

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 10:01:16 am »

Schwaa and Random,

Try getting the latest Plug-in (3.0.26). This is the same code as before so if it does not work, there is some other problem.

Thanks,

Steve

PS Larry, you can get this one too, your problem will continue to be fixed.

jburst

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2002, 12:18:24 pm »

I had the exact same problem with 3.0.26 -- it's putting the plugin registry entries under the wrong key.

Move the key in HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Handheld\Nomad Jukebox to HKCU\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Handheld\Nomad Jukebox  (use regedit's export function, open the .reg file in notepad and edit, then re-import).

(if you're not comfortable playing with the windows registry editor, don't bother trying this -- wait for a fix)

Steve, this should fix the issue -- you probably wouldn't see the problem unless you completely uninstall MJ and remove all its registry keys.

Random

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 01:28:39 pm »

Worked a charm! Thanks!!!! ;D

I had the exact same problem with 3.0.26 -- it's putting the plugin registry entries under the wrong key.

Move the key in HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Handheld\Nomad Jukebox to HKCU\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Handheld\Nomad Jukebox  (use regedit's export function, open the .reg file in notepad and edit, then re-import).

(if you're not comfortable playing with the windows registry editor, don't bother trying this -- wait for a fix)

Steve, this should fix the issue -- you probably wouldn't see the problem unless you completely uninstall MJ and remove all its registry keys.

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2002, 05:49:00 pm »

Neither using 3.0.26 nor moving the key HKCU\Software\JRiver\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Handheld\Nomad Jukebox to HKCU\Software\JRiver\Music Exchange\1.0\Media Jukebox\Plugins\Handheld\Nomad Jukebox (if I did it correctly...) worked for me unfortunately.

SteveG

« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2002, 08:27:20 am »

jburst,

Thanks for the tip. There is indeed a problem with where in the registry the Plug-in info is being saved. There were some changes made to MJ v8 recently that caused this. We are working on a solution and should have more information tomorrow on a resolution.

Thanks,

Steve

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2002, 08:39:47 am »

I do not think I mentioned this earlier, but I am using v9.0.82 if that makes a difference...

schwaa

• Junior Woodchuck
  • and then...
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2002, 10:53:14 am »

After installing 9.0.83 Nomad Jukebox lives!

Thanks  8)

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2002, 11:27:25 am »

I posted a new Nomad Jukebox Plug-in (v3.0.27) which should handle the registry more smoothly both for MJ v8 and v9.

Thanks,

Steve

Random

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2002, 03:08:57 pm »

I posted a new Nomad Jukebox Plug-in (v3.0.27) which should handle the registry more smoothly both for MJ v8 and v9.

Thanks,

Steve

Thanks, just downloaded it and it installed just fine in the version 8 that I'm running.  :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up