INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: importing playlists  (Read 963 times)

love2lindy

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
importing playlists
« on: February 07, 2004, 11:53:17 am »

I had the following posted in another thread, but it got lost somehow (with no response).  I'd like to try again because I'm still unable to import playlists.

Quote from: xen-uno on January 27, 2004, 08:40:47 AM
.If you have Audio Playlists checked in File Associations and you run    MC>Tools>Import Media, the lists will be imported. You can do what you mentioned...as long as the absolute paths to the media are the same between the systems.

I haven't been successful at importing playlists using these instructions, although possibly I just don't know where to look for them once they're imported.  I've tried importing both .m3u and .mpl files; after scanning a directory of 40 files, I'm told that 0 'new files were found' and 0 'failed to import'.  Does this mean they were successful in importing?  If so, where are they? They don't appear under 'Playlists'...

Bryan

• World Citizen
Re:importing playlists
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2004, 12:04:50 pm »

It doesn't sound like they're getting imported.  Double-check to make sure your file associations include "audio playlists"..   Tools/Options/File Associations.

OR..

When you try importing through Tools/Import media, you can select the Audio playlists from that dialog..  Make sure the search field is pointing to the subdirectory where you playlists are located.

The last time I imported some playlists it created a new tree branch called "Imported playlists" or something similar..  

Bryan

love2lindy

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2004, 01:27:14 pm »

Thanks for your reply, Bryan.  I do have the file associations set up correctly but still get the same results.  I don't see any new branches that might be associated with the imported playlists.... and I've looked everywhere!

This is really frustrating.  I have a large number of playlists and am not going to be happy to have to re-enter them while in Media Center.  These playlists were exported from Media Center on my desktop, saved as .m3u andr .mpl files on my desktop, then copied over to my laptop where I'm now trying to get Media Center up and running.

Any help would be appreciated! ?

Bryan

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2004, 01:42:52 pm »

I just tested this and while it's not reporting correctly it does appear to import them..   Check under the "Playlists" tree for a new branch called "Imported playlists".  

When importing, MC 10.0.64 reported 2 files scanned, 0 New files found, 0 Failed to import..    But when checking the tree the playlists were indeed imported.   I tested with 2 .M3u files.

Hope this helps
Bryan

love2lindy

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2004, 01:55:29 pm »

Thanks for testing this for me, Bryan.  Unfortunately, still nothing new shows under Playlists (and I've even checked under the Auto Smartlists tree).  

I'm using 9.1.136 --I'm not wild about going to a beta version but if that's the only way to avoid recreating playlists then I may have to.

love2lindy

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2004, 02:14:53 pm »

A-ha!  The problem was the the playlists were referring to a directory on my C: drive when the files were actually on a networked drive.   Once I edited one playlist file to reflect this change, then that one playlist appeared under "Imported Playlists" as you said; all other playlists (with incorrect paths in them) were ignored.

Many thanks for the help! :D
Pages: [1]   Go Up