INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC9 crashing  (Read 1048 times)

jehrico76

• Recent member
  • I might be a porcupine.
MC9 crashing
« on: February 08, 2004, 08:49:42 am »

I am a new user of MC9, and I'm having some problems.  I have it loaded on two PCs.  One is running the server plugin, the other is a client.  Seems any time I update any track info, like pasting in lyrics onto various songs, when I close MC9 on the client, the client PC suddenly crashes, and reboots.  It also crashes and reboots sometimes while playing various avi's and what not.  What the heck is going on?  I'm running WXPSP1, with full updates, a TerraTec Aureon Space 7.1 soundcard, a GeForce 4 video card, without much software loaded in the background.  I never had this problem when I was playing with the trial.  Once I decided to buy it, and I go forward full blow with reripping all of my CDs to APE, now I start having problems.  It has crashed on me 4 times in the last 5 hours, and when I say crash, I mean the computer, not just t he program.  I haven't had a crash on this computer since I put it together before I installed this program, and I haven't added any other programs or hardware since about a month before loading up MC9, which leads me to be fairly confident that MC9 is the problem, and not just a bad install of windows.

Someone please help...any ideas?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:MC9 crashing
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 10:11:17 am »

With XP a program can't cause a computer crash / restart.

Something else is wrong at the hardware level.  Overclocking or cooked RAM are two common causes.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2004, 10:16:04 am »

However there is a setting in windows XP that when a program crashes, the system will re-boot.

this can be turned off in windows XP

Control Pannel, System, Advance Tab, Start Up And Recovery, System Failure, Uncheck Auto Restart
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

modelmaker

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2004, 11:23:31 pm »

That doesn't really answer the question of why the program is crashing, does it?
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

jleerigby

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2004, 02:41:43 am »

However there is a setting in windows XP that when a program crashes, the system will re-boot.

this can be turned off in windows XP

Control Pannel, System, Advance Tab, Start Up And Recovery, System Failure, Uncheck Auto Restart
That setting is not for program crashes, it's for system crashes i.e. Blue Screen Of Death.
Pages: [1]   Go Up