INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How change syst reg. to disable auto-insert  (Read 817 times)

thirstyfish

How change syst reg. to disable auto-insert
« on: November 26, 2002, 07:02:35 pm »

Can anyone explain how to execute the following directions below as suggested by MJ FAQ for disabling Auto Insert Notification on WinXP?

I searched the forum to see if similar response exists but could not find.

My computer came preinstalled with Easy CD Creator which I've since removed, but don't know how to reset auto-insert notification setting.

So this is what MJ Site says:

http://www.musicex.com/mediajukebox/cdburningtips.html

WINDOWS NT/2000/XP

You must make sure that "Auto Insert Notification" is disabled. You can disable it by setting the following value in the system registry... HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/Cdrom/Autorun=0

Basically when I go burn a CD, after selecting the files, I then see the prompt for audio vs. data CD and the burn status/tracking bar pops up at bottom of screen, but I can't get the files to actually show up in the screen above to be burned. Can't figure out the cause, except for fixing auto-insert notification.

Any suggestions both regarding auto-insert notification and burning challenges would be warmly appreciated. MJ ripping feature works fine for me...

thirstyfish

Re: How change syst reg. to disable auto-insert
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 07:11:25 pm »

FYI: My system info:

Media Jukebox  8.0.388
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1441 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 293 MB
OS: Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1  (Build 2600)

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2600.0003
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32         DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 07:47:44 pm »

So did you do the registry edit?

To temporarily disable hold the shift key down for 5-10 sec's after inserting CD.

10-27

thirstyfish

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2002, 05:31:23 am »

thanks!

The real problem ended up being..where i was trying to drag or copy the files from for burning. For some reason I guess you can't burn from the CD/DVD media list under Media Library...you have to get to it from Album or Artist/Album lists....Once I did that...I was able to proceed with the burn process...I got an automatic prompt that let me disable the auto-insert notification and get on my burnin' way.

All the best,

MM
Pages: [1]   Go Up