INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sending playlist files to disk  (Read 1588 times)

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
Sending playlist files to disk
« on: November 26, 2002, 09:00:07 am »

How do i send files in a playlist to my hard drive. mj won't burn an mp3 disk without crashing so i want to do it from my hard drive using my cd burning software
deerhunter

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Sending playlist files to disk
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 09:10:26 am »

The files are already on your hard drive...so do you mean files in the playlist alone? If yes then click on the playlist...highlight all the files...right click on one of them and use the move/copy command and copy them to an empty directory.

> using my cd burning software

Which is what?
See what types of playlists it will import (ie m3u). Then you could export your MJ playlist which your burn software will read.

10-27

Repost your sys info...maybe we can get MJ running making all this unnecessary.

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 09:21:50 am »

I hope so. mj will write 42 files and then crash. I have been working  for a week converting ape files to mp3 files and now mj wont burn a disk.
  Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.388
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium II 447 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 104 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

it looks like i have asp 471 but i have installed 472 and it
(0002) at the end.
writes cda disks fine.
deerhunter

xen-uno

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2002, 09:31:51 am »

Then I don't think ASPI installed correctly.

You've been around so I KNOW you've heard this b4....

Backup license...uninstall MJ...update ASPI (make sure nothing else is running - see below)...reinstall MJ...restore license

ASPI v4.72 install...
Extract to clean/empty directory
Go to Start>Run and browse to directory
Run aspinit.exe
Should ask for reboot...do so
Browse to ASPI dir and run aspichk.exe
You should see a mix of 4.6 and 4.71.2 #'s
Repost your info.

10-27

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2002, 02:40:18 pm »

Okay i uninsstalled mj and upgraded my aspi files. Now aspi 4.71-2 is the latest aspi driver(nov 23). Why they went from 4.72 back to 4.71-2 I don't know.
I am in the process of installing mj 3.92. Mj is becoming to much work. I don't enjoy spending hours on my computer just upgrading and trying to get it to work. More later when I get mj installed.
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2002, 03:16:27 pm »

Okay I installed mj 3.92 pulled up my playlist began writing my disc and it appeared to work UNTIL I GOT TO FILE 43. It said unexpected error reading memory cache and cd ejected.    I AM SICK OF THIS.
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2002, 04:17:30 pm »

I notice in my cd writer settings aspi is grayed out. Aspichk says my aspi is properly installed.
deerhunter

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2002, 04:22:08 pm »

turn on test, cheeper on the disks

Listening to: 'I'm Sorry' from 'The Best Of Brenda Lee' by 'Brenda Lee' on Media Jukebox Charted At 01 In 1960
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

xen-uno

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2002, 05:08:59 pm »

> I notice in my cd writer settings aspi is grayed out.

It will be on W9x based systems.

Millen Ed is causing your problem....I'd bet deniros on that.

What other burning software do you have onboard?

To change OS's for just one program is not fun, but you might consider it. All your programs will run better. See if you can find W2k (my favorite) or XP around.

10-27

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2002, 10:03:46 pm »

After losing two disks I did turn on the test mode. I am not going to change my os just for mj.  I have HP easy cd creator and I think an adaptec program. Thes would work if I could transfer a playlist of files from mj to a folder on my hard drive. otherwise you are flying blind not knowing what song files you are burning.
 Anyone know any better software. Seems I read on here about another program that does a better job of burning disks.
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2002, 11:34:46 pm »

:) >:( ;D
Okay I am a lot happier. I was able to copy my playlist to a folder on my hard drive and use my hp easy cd creator to easily creat a disk with 250 mp3 songs. Popped it in my great little sony z8 x3cp boom box and it played like a champ complete with song and artist names coming up in the display.
Now for those others like me that may have trouble, here is what I did. First I had to convert my ape files to mp3. I tried to do an entire play list but mj would crash. So I had to slowly pick 10 to 20 files with the mouse and convert them. Even then mj would occasionly freeze. When I finally got them converted I had to reimport the mp3 files to mj. Then I constructed my 250 song playlist. Then I made a folder for them on my hard drive. Then I clicked edit and select all to highlight all the files. Right click and select move copy and jog around to find the folder I created on my hard drive. Copied the files to my folder. Pulled up hp easy cd creator and highlighted the folder and in a few minutes I had my 250 song mp3.
 Now as others have said. The most important feature mj could add is the ability to take a playlist of 250 or so songs of different formats and in one action convert this to all mp3 and copy to a disk. With all the boomboxes stereo cd systems and even tv dvd players that play mp3 files being sold now people are going to want to be able to easily creat mp3 disks so they can enjoy 10 hours of the music they like without having to change cd's.
 Anyway mj is still a great program and I am sorry if I get a little impatient with it.

Listening to The Girl with the Blue Velvet Band by Bill Monroe on my Sony mp3 boom box from a playlist created by mj and copied to disk by hp easy cd creator.
deerhunter
Pages: [1]   Go Up