INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: retain display settings...  (Read 975 times)

novatel

• I might be a porcupine.
retain display settings...
« on: February 27, 2004, 12:06:16 pm »

I am a relatively new user to Media Canter, but I am pretty exited about its possibilities. I have managed to create a couple of custom views for me to use to view over 15,000 audio tracks. So far so good.  One thing that is really nagging at me is that I cannot seem to persist the views of my media across a close and reopen of MC. The biggest problem i am having is having the left tree pane always visible on startup. My main use for MC is as an audio browser/player on my HTPC that drives a projector at a resulution of 1024 X 576. As a result, my screen space is at a premium. I would really like to be able to have the tree pane hidden on startup.  I have searched the forums here but could not find any ideas. Is this possible, or maybe even an enhancement request? Thanks for your replies. I am looking forward to purchasing this after I smooth out a few more presentaiotn issues.

David Nowakowski

jleerigby

Re:retain display settings...
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 12:20:28 pm »

You can double click the splitter bar to hide the tree but there's no way to keep it hidden across sessions.  I asked for this a few weeks ago for exactly the same reason.

All you can do is specify the start up mode in Options.

novatel

• I might be a porcupine.
Re:retain display settings...
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2004, 09:40:09 am »

This seems to me to be a bit of basic display functionality. I would like to request that at the very least there is an option to display tree pane or not.  This option would be persistent through startup and shutdown. I am not looking to get rid of the pane, as the control to bring it back into the view is always there, as it should be. Just maximize my display area fo the important stuff.

Thanks for a great product!

David Nowakowski
Pages: [1]   Go Up