INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Q: Jukebox automation  (Read 801 times)

jas39

• nothing more to say...
Q: Jukebox automation
« on: November 26, 2002, 11:00:44 am »

Hi all
I'm using Mediajukebox not only for my mp3's but also to keep track of all my audio cd's. I
store a sequence number in one of the custom fields, mark the cd and put it into a
cd jukebox. When playing a cd track I get the ordinary combobox telling me that
The volume labeled 'Something" was not found. And askinfg if I would like to try again.

What I would like to do is to add a custom call back replacing the box with an own routine maybee adding some custom text to the combobox (using the custom field to tell where the disc is stored) or even some fancy stuff like controlling the jukebox to play the track (IR transmitter).

Is this possible with the automation interface available today? If so any hints how it should be accessed? If not is this something that could be of general interest and could be added in later releases. It does open up for some general handling of files not found.

Regards
/&&

bspachman

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Q: Jukebox automation
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 11:20:16 am »

What I would like to do is to add a custom call back replacing the box with an own routine maybee adding some custom text to the combobox (using the custom field to tell where the disc is stored) or even some fancy stuff like controlling the jukebox to play the track (IR transmitter).

Sounds like you are heading in the direction I am (albeit with some extra hardware). See my similar questions in:

http://www.musicex.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=general;action=display;num=1038028931

One thing that will help you is the Girder automation tool. See

http://www.girder.nl

for more than you would care to know.

Best,
Brad

jas39

• nothing more to say...
Re: Q: Jukebox automation
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2002, 12:52:35 pm »

Yes,
i've been trying girder some and it does offer all the automation you ever would dream of. I've worked quite a lot to extend the functionality of the UIRT (Universal IR Reciever/Transmitter)
which is a hardware plugin usable with girder, to also do LCD and keyboard. The UIRT would
be my preferred choice controlling Media Jukebox (the rec part) and my Pioneer/Sony cd-player/jukeboxes (the transmit part) but then I need a way to hook in to Media jukebox in a good way.

Regards
/&&

Pages: [1]   Go Up