INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: v10 Secure ripping status  (Read 2085 times)

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
v10 Secure ripping status
« on: February 23, 2004, 11:52:16 am »

Hi,

How does one find out what the status of a secure rip is?

IIRC in v9.1 it used to show you a log file.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:v10 Secure ripping status
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 12:04:24 pm »

It should still show a log when it finishes a secure rip.  It's been a few days since I ripped a CD, but it was working well then.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 12:13:19 pm »

I don't get a log at all.

When a rip finishes all I get are the "Show list" link and the close button.

Also the rip progress never gets to 100% on the last track but the rip finises.

As an enhancement how about only showing the log if it's not a 100% secure rip?

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 01:07:44 pm »

I like the idea of only showing a log if it isn't a secure rip (or an OK popup, so we wouldn't have to scroll through a list). It would also be nice if the filename was the album name, if simultaneous rips, underscore charactor between them, but if only one of two cds ripped simultaneously then just the name of the problem rip.

Rhino,

I have'nt had a problem with secure rips not showing a log or not showing status since they fixed the secure rip bug a few builds ago, I've been ripping about 30-50 CDs a day for the last week or so...

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 01:11:07 pm »

I've ripped 20 albums over the past few days and it hasn't shown a logfile once.

Marko

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 02:09:04 pm »

Rhino, Quisp, while doing all this ripping, when it says "complete, stick another disc in or click close" and you stick another disc in, what happens?

Here, the list is refreshed correctly, and shown with greyed out checkboxes, all ticked, but the close button does not change, so I'm forced to click it anyway and start the rip process from scratch again.

Just curious as to what I ought to be seeing if it was working right.

for what it's worth, I do get the secure rip log pop up here, and also think it would be nice if we could have the option to only show the log if not 100%. I stress option, because there may be times when I would actually want to be able to save a 100% log. How about don't show popup, but autosave logfile?

-marko.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 03:30:05 pm »

Double-check that the drive you're ripping with is in secure mode. (that combobox in options has gotten people before)

Look for a fix for multi-disc ripping in the next few days.

(p.s. seeing that 100% is a warm fuzzy for a paranoid like me, so I'm not sure about skipping it in those cases)

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 12:51:35 pm »

Good thinking Matt ... that was it.   Obvious really and I feel like a twit.

On a different note why doesn't MC write out the total number of tracks to a track when ripping, e.g. track one is one of fifteen, etc.   EAC does it.   Is it a setting I have to enable?

Also how do I get MC to write out the CD number?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 01:06:57 pm »

Good thinking Matt ... that was it.  Obvious really and I feel like a twit.

We need a better UI there, because it gets a lot of people.

On a different note why doesn't MC write out the total number of tracks to a track when ripping, e.g. track one is one of fifteen, etc.  EAC does it.  Is it a setting I have to enable?

We always save track numbers as a straight number.  Currently this isn't selectable.  It'd be a pretty big change internally, so we probably can't look at it until v10.1.

I always name the albums like: Greatest Hits (disc 1) and Greatest Hits (disc 2).  Otherwise, you could number disc 2 as tracks 13, 14, 15, etc.  Will either of those work?

udeups

• World Citizen
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 01:18:47 pm »

I always name the albums like: Greatest Hits (disc 1) and Greatest Hits (disc 2).  Otherwise, you could number disc 2 as tracks 13, 14, 15, etc.  Will either of those work?

I made an integer user-field named "Disc #" which I store that information in. That way, a multi-disc album will have the same album name across discs. The track numbers are also numbered sequentially across the discs, as you mentioned Matt. Both of these things make it really handy for listening on a handheld, where the UI for selecting albums/tracks is a little more limited than MC.

In MC, if I ever want to view the Album/disc# information together, I have a calculated field based on [Album] - [Disc #]. Of course, you can make a view scheme with a column for Album and then another for Disc #.

Don't know if this helps or not, but it works pretty well for me.

RhinoBanga

• Developer
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 01:23:27 pm »

We always save track numbers as a straight number.  Currently this isn't selectable.  It'd be a pretty big change internally, so we probably can't look at it until v10.1.

Sorry, I think I didn't explain it properly.

For a track there is a current track number and a total tracks number.   I would like MC to set the total track number like EAC and Helium2 support.

Also when I use Helium2 for tagging it has a CD number and Total CD number field.

This allows me to name my multiple CD albums like so:

c:\My Music\<Artist>\<Album>\<CD>_<TOTAL_CD>\<TRACK_NO> - <TRACK>

For example:

C:\My Music\Yes\Tales From Topographic Oceans\01_02\01 - The Revealing Science of God (Dance Of The Dawn).mp3

What I have to do with MC is rip then fire up Helium2 and enter the CD details then do the rename.   I was hoping I could enter the cd numbers in MC and get it to do the rename.

And another question.   How do you get MC to not to automatically add the ripped files to the library?

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 05:12:40 pm »

(p.s. seeing that 100% is a warm fuzzy for a paranoid like me, so I'm not sure about skipping it in those cases)

Then how about a single line that states that all tracks ripped at 100%. The issue here is having to scroll down a list that can, at times, be hard to read due to jarring text wraps. I don't mind seeing 100% messages, I just don't need to see it 50 times.
Pages: [1]   Go Up