INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nomad Jukebox / Zen People  (Read 1142 times)

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Nomad Jukebox / Zen People
« on: February 13, 2004, 05:28:16 pm »

MC 10.0.70 and Nomad Jukebox Plugin 9.0.33 (availble from the MC 10 Plugin page) are now working. This includes a completely revamped Synchronization scheme. 'Delete files not in Sync. will remove any files from Nomad which are not selected in the Sync.

Please feel free to try it out and report any bugs or behavior which is not what you want. Please only try this for the next few days if you are willing to have some potential problems pop up.

Thanks,

Steve

LonWar

Re:Nomad Jukebox / Zen People
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 05:19:00 pm »

From MC 10.0.70 Bug Thread:
imjustagamer,

Thanks for testing this. Can you give me any more to go on with the freezing? Can you send some of the freezing files separately to see if something is going on. If so, perhaps I can get one of those files.

In regards to the cycling through the tracks, this should only happen once, and only after you either upload, delete or rename a file. Can you give an example of when you see it twice?

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve, First off sorry for being so vage... I was pretty sick when I posted this...

Well, I ripped AC/DC Back in Black and for one reason or another it will not upload Hells Bells, I have tried re ripping it a few times and no go... As a side not Creatives Media Source will upload it. This brings up another issue, if it can not upload a song shouldn't it skip it instead of just freezing?

If you delete a track, it will flash Analyzing Devices, then cycle through the songs, Then the track list will go blanc and it will re cycle...

If I get some more time tonight I will try to upload other tracks and let you know.

PS, the uploading for this, seems to be slower then MediaSource, Does MC take advantage of the firewire connection? (Or does that have nothing to do with MC?)
-

SteveG

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 10:24:03 am »

Thanks for the additional information. I hope you are feeling better.

What file type is Back in Black?

Yes MC should skip failed files, but when you see the freezing, it is during the Creative code uploading which is not returning any information which causes the 'freeze'.

The firewire doesn't have to do with MC.

After a delete, it should recycle once, not twice. I will check this out today.

Thanks,

Steve

Tor

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 10:46:03 am »

Hi,

Have installed the new plug-in, but I cannot get it to work connected by FireWire, only by USB.

Another thing; I tried starting a song from MC, which also were among the transfer-files, while uploading a small batch to my Nomad and the transfer halted.

-Tor-

LonWar

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2004, 10:51:01 am »

Hey Steve, The file was a wma... When I get home I'll try mp3 with the same track. I'd email it to you but it's a little big...

Tor, Can you use anyother device with the firewire?
It could be a bad card, wire or Nomad...
-

Tor

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2004, 11:14:18 am »

Well, got it working after a re-setting of the Nomad, and it's now up with flying speed. Cannot recreate the halting neither.

Thanks
-Tor-

Squanderbug

• Recent member
  • It should work
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2004, 11:28:00 am »

Synchronisation is totally broken for me now.

Synchronise 'all music' causes MC10 to shut itself down after it starts analysing the files. This is the same as I've had all along when trying to sync 'all music' with my Ten xtra.

Synchronise 'Imported today' causes and error and MC10 shuts down afterwards. This used to work fine.

Dragging files to transfer still works.

Media Center Registered 10.0.71 -- C:\Programme\J River\Media Center\

System info....

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 2675 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 335 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1226 / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1233 (xpsp2.030604-1804) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Drive E:   Copy mode:Normal   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: CyberDrv CW088D CD-R/RW     Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:48  MaxSpeed:48  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up