INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio Nitrus  (Read 1722 times)

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
Rio Nitrus
« on: February 17, 2004, 12:54:59 pm »

Bought my son a Rio Nitrus for Christmas and was looking for an MC Plug-In.  Will one of the plug-ins already posted work with the Nitrus?  Thanks!!!

aRCLiGHT
aRCLiGHT

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Rio Nitrus
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 01:00:20 pm »

Go to Tools->Plugin Manager->Handhelds->Portable Drives->Configure and check the box for 'Enable WMDM support'. If you then expand the CD, DVD and Handheld tree, you should be able to access Nitrus.

Steve

aRCLiGHT

• Recent member
  • What!?!?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 01:04:46 pm »

Thanks!!  Downloading as we speak...  Appreciate the help!!!

aRCLiGHT
aRCLiGHT

jmilum

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 12:44:00 pm »

Well I tried to go to toos/pluginmanager/handheld/portabledrives/configure and then enable wmdm but:

- Plugin Manager is under Settings not Tools
- When I go to handheld/portabledrives and hit the configure button all I get is a text box to type a name into.  There is no enable wmdm support option (or enable anthing option).  What am I doing wrong?  Do I have the wrong mj version?

plopje

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2004, 12:52:56 pm »

In MC10 the support for WMDM-devices is under Tools>Options. Then choose Devices in the left pane. On the bottom of the dialog there is a check-box.

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2004, 12:53:29 pm »

jmilum,

Sorry, that is some old info. If you have MC, go to tools->Options->Devices and there you will see the option to "Enable support for WMDM devices".

Steve

jmilum

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2004, 01:58:36 pm »

Woops, I just figured out that I'm talking about MediaJukebox NOT MediaCenter.  

Is there anyway to get MJ to work with the Nitrus?  Or do I need to switch to the MediaCenter?  (And if so would I lose the tags from Jukebox and do I gain anything if all I'm doing is managing music files?)

Thanks,

Jeff

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2004, 04:40:39 pm »

Jeff,

There is not a way to get MJ to work with the Nitrus, you will need to switch to MediaCenter. You will not lose your tags but you need to back up your library in case you decide to go back to MJ after MC.  You gain lots of things in MC. You could back up your library and try downloading the trialware of MC and check it out.

Steve

jmilum

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2004, 04:50:18 pm »

Steve,

What happens if I already installed MC, didn't backup my library, and want to go back to MJ?

I got impatient and already did so.

I like being able to work with the Nitrus using the MC, but it's also a bit clunkier, is missing a few MJ items, and is way more than I need.  There's also the cost thing.  So I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

Is there a way to do a backup or something and be able to go back to MJ?  Do I lose all my files if I go back?  Or just the tags?  

Jeff

SteveG

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2004, 10:21:35 am »

Jeff,

Check in your 'Data' directory. MC should have created a backup library for you which you can return to.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up