INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC error "Invalid Argument"  (Read 1359 times)

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
MC error "Invalid Argument"
« on: February 17, 2004, 03:38:32 am »

I have a view scheme which I call ALL. It's basically a combination of the media library [files on my PC] and the CD database.  I find it very useful for searching, so I can, for example, see at a glance all the files I have on an artist whether they are on the PC, audio CD or data CD.

This scheme stopped working from the .70 build and still doesn't work with .71.  It still works with .68 build.

If I click on any item on the panes I get the error "Invalid argument" Same happens if I click on any of the sub-set tree items.

This is the view scheme I use the most so I'd be very grateful if someone has a solution or J River have a bug fix.

jleerigby

Re:MC error "Invalid Argument"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 06:58:47 am »

Build 70 introduced changes to the way ~ modifiers are handled.  Maybe it has something to do with this.

Paste your view scheme rule in here.

Sauzee

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 02:05:04 pm »

Not sure how to do that.  Basically my modifiers on the top level are Dbase: Main, CD.  

I then have view schemes based on the top level with an additional modifier of media type [audio, video etc]

Sauzee

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2004, 04:34:10 am »

I just deleted the above mentioned existing view scheme that wasn't working and re-did it.  Still getting same problem.

I have circa 40,000 audio tracks on my PC, on data and audio CD. I need to be able to use view schemes which give me a consolidated view of my files/CD's.

I can't do that since build .68.  J River guys, any idea how I do this with the new builds ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 08:49:17 am »

Please post the exact search string you're using.  Try it in a smartlist so we can isolate it more.

"DB: Main, CD" is working for me.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sauzee

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 12:40:38 pm »

Matt

"DB: Main,CD" is the only modifier in the top level view scheme.  

It does work in a smartlist.  It's only when I create a view scheme with these modifiers that I have a problem.

The view scheme has the following panes

Media Type
Album Artist
Artist
Album

If you create that view scheme and then click on ,say, Audio in the media type pane you will get this invalid argument error.

So the problem arises when you click on the panes, not when searching. Should maybe have been clearer about this in previous posts.

Sauzee

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 06:57:54 pm »

I've discovered that clicking on the panes produces the "invalid argument" error only when nothing has been entered in the search box.  

So searching the media library + CD database is OK, BUT  browsing the library [media library + CD database] by clicking on the panes [with the search box empty] isn't possible.

Surely a bug. ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 07:00:18 pm »

Now I see it.

Look for a fix next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up