INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - How to catalogue VCD collection  (Read 851 times)

Sauzee

• Citizen of the Universe
OT - How to catalogue VCD collection
« on: February 22, 2004, 04:47:40 am »

The one area of my media collection that I can't use MC for is VCD's.  I tend to play them on my TV connected DVD player so don't really miss not having this functionality in MC.

However I haven't been able to find any software to catalogue my VCD's.  Most of the VCD's are concerts that I taped on VHS years ago so movie manager type apps don't help.

Basically I need something similar to a CD database type app which will let me add a couple of fields for artist, year etc.  The ability to add thumbnails of the videos to the database would be nice too.

I've been thinking about this for months but haven't managed to come up with a solution myself.  I'd be really grateful for any suggestions.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
Re:OT - How to catalogue VCD collection
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 07:58:14 pm »

dont know if this is at all helpful, but ive ripped mine onto an externall HDD and have catalogued them in MC under the video tab.

i started by adding thumbnails manually (using jpegs off web), but gave up and now just use the list view.

however if you dont want to rip them there is some shareware CD cateloging software out there, i just cant remember the names at the moment, if any come to me i will reply again.

DJMUK

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 01:26:18 am »

I think this may suit:

http://www.fnprg.com/catvids/

It is highly cusomisable and I have used it for a couple of years for my VHS/DVD collection.

They also have similar programs for music, books and software collections.  I have used the music database for a number of years although MC will probably replace it in time.

David

Sauzee

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 05:39:42 am »

Thanks guys.
ive ripped mine onto an externall HDD and have catalogued them in MC under the video tab
. I don't really fancy buying an additional external HDD just for the purposes of cataloguing VCD's.

DJMUK - I'll give your suggestion a whirl. Sounds pretty good.

Cheers

Pages: [1]   Go Up