INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Streaming...NPR...Timewarp  (Read 692 times)

Drowbe

Streaming...NPR...Timewarp
« on: February 21, 2004, 01:43:45 am »

So I thought I'd give streaming radio another try in MC.  Having lived in Minneapolis, MN, I have been really missing NPR (yes, we have it in LA, but MN is very public radio friendly)...so, I did a search and found several links listed in MC.  Hooray!  

So I started the "Morning Edition" stream...OH MY GOD!!  Another Blackout in NY...and it is spreading.  Wow!  Again!  ...no, wait, "this can't be right", I thought.  The stream is from 8/15/2003.  I tried the other streams..."All Things Considered...11/9/2003"..."Talk of the Nation...9/8/2003".  NPR Hourly seemed to work fine.

What is going on here?  Are you linking directly to specific dated feeds?  

I tried several other streams beyond NPR...I had about a 1 in 3 success rate...many dead streams. :(  There have been several threads on this, so I won't beat a dead horse.

Will this area be addressed before 10 is released?  Is there a way to build our own page? Any workarounds?

Well...I've gotta go...need to prepare for the big blackout heading my way...oh, and according to another NPR feed, we are going to war.  So much to do...so little time! ;)

--Thomas

bmunroe

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Where ever you go, there you are
Re:Streaming...NPR...Timewarp
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2004, 09:26:11 am »

I have a playlist of internet radio stations that use a custom field "internet name" to describe the station.

Try bring in the npr feeds from outside of MC.

The web media page does not work vert well in MC.

Brian
Pages: [1]   Go Up