INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Theater Mode -- Make me happy?  (Read 907 times)

salsbst1

• World Citizen
Theater Mode -- Make me happy?
« on: February 28, 2004, 12:23:31 pm »

Before I launch in to whining mode, I want to say that I just upgraded to v10 and I'm impressed with the new Theater View look.

I understand that the reliance on the arrow keys is due to an interest in making it possible for the most crippled of remote controls to be able to fully navigate Theater View.

However, I'm driven nuts by the need to use my the left arrow to escape from a submenu.  Is there any way that I can do something else, or am I stuck with it?

a) don't like having to go left to get to the command buttons (would prefer a different key be used to get there -- a key perhaps to toggle you back and forth between the two sides of the screen)
b) don't like having to go left past the command buttons to go up a level (would prefer a direct way to do this)

Ultimately, I would like you to expose all of the commands at a fine level and allow us to configure a key or provide a WMessage command for each one individually.  I have no problem if you default (a) and (b) above to the left arrow, I just want the right to change it.

Thanks, regards,
Stuart

salsbst1

• World Citizen
Re:Theater Mode -- Make me happy?
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2004, 12:26:01 pm »

Ok, I'm in thumbnail mode.

If I'm using a keyboard, how do I select an album that is not in the leftmost column and press play?

Seems to me that the only way to press play is to slide over with the left arrow, which changes the selected thumbnail.

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2004, 02:10:59 pm »

Try Tab to jump to the left column. Or Space plays the current selection

salsbst1

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2004, 02:54:22 pm »

Tab works!  Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up