INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does MC write to MP3 tags on playback?  (Read 701 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Does MC write to MP3 tags on playback?
« on: February 27, 2004, 02:22:01 am »

i just ran a checksumming tool on my music library as part of the backup process, and I noticed that a number of my MP3s had been altered. None of the obvious tags (artist, album, title, genre) had changed.

There seemed to be a rough correspondence to tunes I had listened to recently, but there were some that I hadn't.

Does MC routinely write to MP3 tags on playback? I'm thinking perhaps playcount and last played are being written to the file tags?

jleerigby

Re:Does MC write to MP3 tags on playback?
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2004, 03:17:41 am »

I don't have access to MC at the moment but maybe you can check via Options> Tree & View Settings> Edit whether these fields are set to 'store inside files if possible'.  Can you uncheck this?  Does it make a difference.

I'm interested in this too as I've noticed that MC on my HTPC shows the egg timer symbol quite often during playback, which is really annoying.  I put it down to the fact that the files and library are located on a network drive.  I find it annoying to see the library update when I've not updated any tags.  I don't use Last Played and Play Count.
Pages: [1]   Go Up