INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creative Audigy 2 and DVD Audio  (Read 1195 times)

Osho

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Creative Audigy 2 and DVD Audio
« on: November 06, 2002, 07:01:51 am »

Creative has released Audigy 2 cards which support DVD Audio playback. These cards are shipped with their own DVD Audio player software? Does Media Jukebox plan to support (maybe it already does in 9.0 beta) DVD Audio playback ?? Or, is the player with Creative the only way to play back DVD Audio?

thanks,
Osho

Blairis

• Recent member
Re: Creative Audigy 2 and DVD Audio
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2002, 09:43:29 am »

I've been playing with 5.1 channel DVD-Audio for a few weeks now.  24 bits at 96 Khz resolution is amazing on a good stereo.  Feels almost as good as first listening to CD's when they came out.

I'd really like to see support for this introduced to MJ.

DocLotus

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Retired and; Loving It!!!
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2002, 12:49:09 pm »

The Audigy comes with a few 5.1 songs.  The sound is as much better over regular CD stereo as stereo sounds compared to old-fashioned mono... Simply great.

If music is to really advance in quality then all music will have to be encoded in 5.1.  Don't know if the record industry wants to spend the money as 5.1 encoded music takes up a lot more space then will fit on todays CD's.

I just got Microsoft's Flight Simulator 2002 & it takes up 3 CD's.

Mybe it's time to start thinking of dumping the CD in favor of the DVD disc that can hold all this stuff. ?
MC... Latest version, 1 Mini PC, w/ Server.
TV... USA, ZIP 77036, Std view, Full screen, Not detached, Silicon Dust Guide, OTA, ATSC 1.
MC Audio... Realtek HD 7.1, MP3 Ext, Basic playback.
MC Control... Key, Mouse w/ G HUB.
Windows... 10 Pro, 64 bit, All MS updates.
Hardware... Beelink AMD GR5 Pro Mini PC, 16GB memory, 3 internal HDD's w/ 4.5 TB storage, 8 TB external storage.
1 SiliconDust HD HomeRun Connect Quatro, 1 SiliconDust HDHomeRun Flex Quatro, Amped Antenna w/ splitter.

tmarnik

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2002, 01:44:32 pm »

I just bought the Audigy 2 card and I agree that DVD_Audio is awesome!

I'd like to register my vote that MJ support DVD-A and SACD as soon as possible!
Pages: [1]   Go Up