INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: OT - GE MP3 wireless transmitter  (Read 1216 times)

bjsolem

• Galactic Citizen
OT - GE MP3 wireless transmitter
« on: March 19, 2004, 05:23:22 pm »

Target Stores in the US are selling a GE wireless transmitter and reciever for $25.

It is basically a box that plugs into your pc audio and transmits whatever's playing to the stereo.

No drivers, no software.

I realize that the sound would be of fm quality or so.  I wonder if anyone has used this device or something similar with any positive results?

This would allow MC to create the playlists while using the stereo speakers.  For 25 bucks it seems like an easy way to use the stereo speakers until the whole media receiver stuff gets worked out.

What does anyone else think?

fex

Re:OT - GE MP3 wireless transmitter
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2004, 05:31:46 pm »

I made this mistake.

I invested some money in a 'Medion MD9052' (around $75). Just don't do it. If you turn on the lights it clicks. If you turn off the mixer it jumps. If use a remote control it stutters.

Listening to: 'Let It Be' from '1967-1970' by 'The Beatles' on Media Center 10

SeanC

• Galactic Citizen
Re:OT - GE MP3 wireless transmitter
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2004, 05:37:44 pm »

I would love a device that was low-cost and reliable.  I only need to be able to transmit from my PC to my shower-radio about 30 feet away.  I looked into FM Stereo transmitters, but they seemed to be expensive (>$200) and much more complicated than I need.

Ideally, this would be a small USB device that could transmit a couple of hundred feet in stereo, and costs less than $50.
Pages: [1]   Go Up