INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Please support the Archos AV300 series  (Read 973 times)

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
  • Geurilla Recording At Its Best
Please support the Archos AV300 series
« on: January 20, 2004, 08:00:57 am »

http://www.archos.com/products/av300_series.html

Supporting this puppy should be very easy. It mounts as a USB hard drive. There is a file at the root of all of these things that you can use to identify it as an AV300 series. The filename is "CJBM.AJZ". The top level directory structure is Music, Photo, Video, Voice, and System. Inside those directories the owner of the device is free to setup any structure they want. For the Music I use "Artist\Album". For video I use "TV\Show Title\episode.avi".

You will need the option to convert videos and audio to the standards of the box if the media is not compliant. This means converting non DivX or XviD videos to one of those two formats.

Complete ownser's manual here:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/redirect-to-external-url/ref=mt_mo_view_21075/104-0671769-3794361?path=http://media-server.amazon.com/media/mole/MANUAL000030586.pdf&append-uid=no

I'll be happy to test what you comeup with ;D

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Please support the Archos AV300 series
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2004, 11:16:22 am »

To support this fully we will need to get one and do some work on it. We will do what we can.

Steve

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2004, 12:31:03 pm »

While I agree that it would be optimal to have one, you can emulate one by setting up a removable drive with the same folder hiearchy.

I have had some success with the current build of MC. It will recognize the AV380 as a portable. I set the root to the folder "Music" and told it to use "Artist\Album" preset.

Now if I could specify two more roots, one for photos and one for videos, we would be all set.

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 09:24:34 am »

When you do add support for Archos avx, can you add the ability to write/store album art to mp3's?  Currently we [Archos users] have to use MMJB to accomplish this task.  And as we all know its a very slow and weak application.

jgourd

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 09:27:48 am »

MC does store album art in the MP3s. What it doesn't do is store the album art in MP3s that it converts from other formats

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 11:43:37 am »

I'm aware that it does store the album art, but it doesn't display the album art that was stored in other media players. I tried to view album art on my Archos, MMJB, or WMP9 that was stored by MC, but it doesn't show up.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up