INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MJB to MC conversion problems  (Read 1011 times)

rt

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
MJB to MC conversion problems
« on: February 16, 2004, 12:56:22 pm »

Hi,

I just upgraded from MJB8 to MC9. I have two questions:

1. I no longer have my playlists. How do I fix that?

2. I liked the tree structure in MJB with genre, album etc. Now the tree structure on the left is very limited with only artist/type and file type. How can I recreate the MJB8 feature in MC9

Thanks

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:MJB to MC conversion problems
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2004, 12:59:23 pm »

Playlists should be upgraded.

Send the backup of your MJ 8 library to matt @ jriver.com (no spaces) if you think there's a bug with the upgrader.

For #2, you want to create new "View Schemes" under Media Library. (Right-Click on Media Library > Add View Scheme)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rt

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2004, 06:01:29 pm »

Thanks. The playlist did appear as I manually converted the MJ8 file. Two more follow up questions:

1. I still have problems with getting the genre in the tree. The reason I want this is so that I can view my music by genre on netremote

2. Is it possible to use the web server across the internet and stream to a remote location? Is Media Center capable of converting to a lower bitrate on the fly?

Thanks!

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 12:45:24 am »

1. I still have problems with getting the genre in the tree. The reason I want this is so that I can view my music by genre on netremote
Right click on the view scheme in the tree.  Add an item for Genre in step 1.  Select populate tree in step 3.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2004, 08:58:46 am »

I still have problems with getting the genre in the tree. The reason I want this is so that I can view my music by genre on netremote

Newer NetRemotes servers (like the one included with MC 10) work independent of the populate tree option.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

leemex

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2004, 10:32:55 am »

Newby, 1st question
I upgraded to Media Center 9.1. On one computer it seems to work without glitches. On the 2nd computer after using library tools to rename files from properties, the popup appears to eliminate duplicate unused folders. The program crashes at that point.
Lee
Pages: [1]   Go Up