INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod will not play AAC files from MC transfer  (Read 956 times)

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
iPod will not play AAC files from MC transfer
« on: March 01, 2004, 07:12:44 pm »

I am able to successfully import AAC clips into MC and transfer to iPod. However, iPod will not play these files and eventually locks up. Track name, etc. appears okay on display; in the case of Play All, iPod will run through list in endless loop attempting to play each track. MC iPod interface displays subject files with correct file size and file type (m4p). Also able to play the same tunes from my desktop computer while reading form the iPod! What's more, same files imported to iPod from iTunes jukebox player work fine. It seems that MC is passing something that iPod cannot read? Using MC 10.0.76. Please help, thanks.

SouthsideIrish

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
Re:iPod will not play AAC files from MC transfer
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 11:51:37 pm »

Give me the name of a file that won't play. MC9 uses Quicktime to play the files, and Quicktime is pretty particular when it comes to file names. So, iTunes may have no problem playing a song that Quicktime won't so MC9 can't either.

Bill McNair

duesy

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2004, 07:31:24 am »

Please note that I am using MC 10.0.76, not version 9. Also, MC will play the files just fine, but when using MC to import to iPod, the handheld will not playback the files though they appear intact. An example file is White Stripes "The Hardest Button to Button." Do you need further info? Thanks for your help.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2004, 04:56:43 pm »

Duesy,

I cover this in the iPod thread. I will close this now.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up