INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover Art Storage  (Read 1445 times)

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
Cover Art Storage
« on: March 24, 2004, 12:55:34 pm »

Good afternoon,
I have about 50 cover art jpg's in the standard location in the Media Jukebox cover art directory within program files.  I would like to move them to the folder that contains the music.  Problem is, I have run into a problem with the tagging and it will not let me change that particular pointer when in tagging mode.  

1.  Does anyone have a way that I can move those and have MC recognize the cover art?

2.  Does anyone have a way that I can download them to that location rather than the default?

It will be easier to back up if the file is in with the music rather than that one specific folder.

Thanks   Drew

LonWar

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Cover Art Storage
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2004, 02:49:02 pm »

1st... Move the files.
Then goto Tools, Options, File Location
The second box is the one for the cover art... Track Images Location. Cahnge that to the new location.

Highlite all your files and remove cover art. DO NOT click yes to Delete the cover art.
Then Select all and right click, Images, Quick Find in file....

Then your done. All new images are in the new folder
-

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2004, 03:22:11 pm »

I follow you except that I want each .jpg to be in the folder with the music.  I store my music in an Artist\Album directory structure, and the image won't go there.  Even with the track image location, it relates to all .jpg's, not the one for the cd I am ripping.  

Do I have to move these outside of MC, and then reimport my files?  If so, that is a clugy way to have to do this.  Any comments from Matt who I believe designed the new (well new to me) way of storing these cover art files?

Also, King, does your pluggin do a better job of handling this?

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2004, 03:40:30 pm »

King's plug In will do it for you.  Just select the option to store cover art as folder.jpg in the file folder.

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2004, 03:40:48 pm »

well I think I may have found a way to do it that isn't perfect, but is better than my original suggestion of re-importing.  

Drag and drop moves the image, and the pointer.  Go to my computer, and find the .jpg's, and then scroll the left pane till you get to the directory you want, and drop the file in.  

If anyone has an easier way, could you still let me know.  Thanks

jleerigby

« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2004, 03:52:04 pm »

I think we posted at the same time.  Check my reply above.

ama_mmmc

• World Citizen
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2004, 03:55:18 pm »

Thanks!  That seems like the best option.
Pages: [1]   Go Up