INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.89 Alpha Available  (Read 2578 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.89 Alpha Available
« on: September 23, 2004, 05:25:04 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110089.exe  [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.89 (9/23/04)

1. Fixed: Library Browser slide-show didn't work properly if all audio files had cover art with the same filename.
2. NEW: Library Browser status line animates on mouse-over to show more information.
3. Changed: Library Browser "Sort by Plays" uses average plays instead of total plays.
4. NEW: Library Browser customizes the status displayed based on the sorting used. (change sorting from "View" button to the right of the tabs)
5. NEW: Library Browser supports forward / back navigation. (mouse buttons, menu, keyboard shortcuts, etc.)
6. NEW: Library Browser adjusts the number of columns based on the available size.
7. Fixed: Custom naming for the display name of the date fields would not be preserved between sessions.
8. Fixed: Media Editor would fail to load decoders and encoders in some cases.
9. NEW: Import and update will not reimport files previously removed from the library. (optional under the 'Advanced' section of the import dialog)

11.0.88 (9/22/04)

1. Fixed: During Portable device upload, panes will no longer reset after the completion of a file transfer.
2. Fixed: In some areas of the program, files that were never played could show as "Last Played: 34.x years ago".
3. NEW: Non-audio files with no album will have their album set to the file's date to enhance album grouping.
4. Changed: Several speedups to experimental file browser.
5. Fixed: Moving folders in My Computer with drag-n-drop or the clipboard was not working properly.
6. NEW: Expirmental file view uses different tabs when switching to 'View: Images'.
7. Fixed: Album thumbnails would not sort properly.
8. NEW: Added "Synchronize" button to Zone Manager to ease configuration of synchronize.
9. Fixed: Switching zones could destroy / invalidate the display for that zone -- leading to crashes.
10. NEW: All resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters.
11. Fixed: CD ripping would fail in secure mode with rip/encode simultaneous and WMA encoding with certain CD drives (Lite-On SOHW 812S).
12. Fixed: MP3 Encoder > Custom would not show the configuration dialog that allowed command line parameters to be entered.

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

skeeterfood

• We're all just food for the skeeters.
Re:Media Center 11.0.89 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2004, 05:28:08 pm »

BUG: Multi-Zone does not work with CMedia based soundcards.

If you split a 5.1 channel CMedia soundcard into 3 Zones (Front L/R, Rear L/R, Center/Sub) and play a song to each Zone, they all play overlapped on the Front L/R audio outputs.  I don't see how this can be a driver issue, since games and the CMedia mixer can play out all 6 channels individually...

Mastiff confirmed that it does not work in this thread: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23567

-John

LonWar

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2004, 07:47:40 pm »

A couple of problems.

1. The "Do not import files that were removed" option is always on. Is there a way that when you uncheck it, it will stay unchecked?

2. When converting formats, none of the custom tags are carried over.. ie Bios, Lyrics.
Ratings and Cover art either.

The new file system is lookin real good...
-

NaTeDoGG

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2004, 10:46:12 pm »

So far, I like the new browsing system. Its cool. I do feel however that the Theater View should be receiving the most attention, if not all the attention.

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2004, 11:47:11 pm »

9. NEW: Import and update will not reimport files previously removed from the library. (optional under the 'Advanced' section of the import dialog)

No disrespect but...

Why? I don't quite understand this one.... I suppose it prevents you from importing the same files over, but if I have. say. 30,000 media files and I have to remove a bunch of them and reimport, isn't that going to be a lot of overhead? Each file I delete has to be logged so it won't be reimported.... I'm not sure I dig that.   I'll need to play with it some more.
Me fail english? That's unpossible!

AnalogRoaming

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2004, 11:50:44 pm »

JimH:

My 30 days for version 11 is almost up... in another thread you mentioned that we shouldn't buy it yet.  However, that means I won't be able to participate in the beta after my 30 days is up.  What do you recommend?

Sorry if this has been covered before elsewhere.
Me fail english? That's unpossible!

Doof

• MC Beta Team
  • Farm Animal Stupid
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 12:34:36 am »

*tap tap*
Is this thing on?

Testing, testing, 1...2...3...

The rip to single file with cue sheet option isn't working.

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 12:47:01 am »

*tap tap*
Is this thing on?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

LMAO
pretend this is something funny

benrad

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2004, 05:00:54 am »

Adding files to the database has slowed down to a crawl when Importing Media.

I wonder if this is due to this:  9. NEW: Import and update will not reimport files previously removed from the library. (optional under the 'Advanced' section of the import dialog)   ?

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2004, 06:29:49 am »

JimH:

My 30 days for version 11 is almost up... in another thread you mentioned that we shouldn't buy it yet.  However, that means I won't be able to participate in the beta after my 30 days is up.  What do you recommend?

I don't see why you done't upgrade... I did, It's a wonderful thing.    ;D
-

JiiPee

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2004, 09:00:05 am »

Problem:
When using find & replace with filename(path) MC tells that replacement was made
and then starts to update tags....?  This is very slow with large libraries and filename shouldn't be in the tag in the first placel or am I wrong?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2004, 09:04:53 am »

Problem:
When using find & replace with filename(path) MC tells that replacement was made
and then starts to update tags....?  This is very slow with large libraries and filename shouldn't be in the tag in the first placel or am I wrong?

It's moving files or reconnecting with files in the case of broken links.  This could be a little slow depending on the system.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2004, 09:06:25 am »

Adding files to the database has slowed down to a crawl when Importing Media.

I wonder if this is due to this:  9. NEW: Import and update will not reimport files previously removed from the library. (optional under the 'Advanced' section of the import dialog)   ?

Maybe start another thread on this.  Slow imports often turn out to be networking problems. (unless your files are local)

The new checking for previously deleted files adds next to no overhead.

hit_ny

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2004, 10:35:51 am »

JimH:

I don't see why you done't upgrade... I did, It's a wonderful thing.    ;D

Yet its still called an Alpha...

why is that ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2004, 10:53:41 am »

Yet its still called an Alpha...

why is that ?

It gives us an excuse.

JohnT

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2004, 02:53:24 pm »

*tap tap*
Is this thing on?

Sorry, this won't be working until next week. (Monday's build ??).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up