INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Send to external tool  (Read 1288 times)

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
Send to external tool
« on: March 08, 2004, 10:57:35 am »

I don't know if it is a bug, or just a lacking feature. Anyway, I would like a better interface to handle the "Send to/External tool" feature..

Here is my problem:

I tried to launch myapp.exe with [Fileneme (name)] as a parameter. However, it did not work.  MC call myapp.exe using the fixed string "[Filaname (name)]" as a paramter. Obviously, I expected MC replace it with the filename name... My suggestion is to include a more friendly interface (as for "Rename file from properties..." dialog window).

One more thing: I would like to send the file to the external tool by double clicking (while pressing 'ALT', for instance) the file in MC library. Is it possible?

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re:Send to external tool
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2004, 01:33:36 pm »

Polonio

It may not help, but I think only certain MC tags are recognized by send to/external. [Filename] certainly works  for some that I have set up (includes path though), and might help if you have a specific problem. Stuff that is not recognised gets passed on as typed, eg I use explorer.exe with parameters " /select,[FILENAME]". You are right though that it'd be nice for MC to allow any library field.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2004, 03:13:55 pm »

Who can tell me which tags are recognized by the "Send to external" feature?

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2004, 03:28:59 pm »

Only [Filename] apparently, I asked this question a couple of months ago.

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 10:58:37 am »

It would be nice someone from JRriver confirm us that only [Filename] tag works in the "Send to external" feature...

If there is some other tag that actually works there, I would be glad to know...

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 11:01:13 am »

Currently it's just [Filename].

The trouble with user defined stuff is when there are multiple files.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 03:40:29 pm »

One more thing: I would like to send the file to the external tool by double clicking (while pressing 'ALT', for instance) the file in MC library. Is it possible?

I would like to see this type of feature too.  And actually, more importantly, the ability to add certain "Send to (External)" links (like Photoshop or SoundForge for example) to my toolbars.

Actually, there are quite a few things I would like to see added to the toolbar options (please give me the ability to toggle Detals <-> Thumbnail list view), but I would settle for those two.   ;)
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Polonio

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2004, 04:00:43 am »

Currently it's just [Filename].

The trouble with user defined stuff is when there are multiple files.

Thanks for the info.

I understand [Filename] is the option people will use 99% of time, and I see the trouble when multiple files are selected. However, I think it is worth this dialog window become consistant with the rest of the application... IMO, the easiest implementation should be done to handle other tags... that is: any library tag should be proccessed just like [Filename] does now.

However, more important ito me is the addition of toolbar buttons for this feature (send to photoshop, for instance...), and buttons for any other feature. Will we have toolbar buttons soon?
Pages: [1]   Go Up