INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Creating a MP3 CD  (Read 2194 times)

Henrik L

• Recent member
Creating a MP3 CD
« on: November 13, 2002, 11:41:46 am »

Ok, I don't know if this is already possible but here goes...

Since MJ is so great handling all sorts of sound formats, it would be nice to with a single click make a MP3 CD, even if the songs are in better formats like OGG, MPC or APE....

I don't know if MJ (8 or 9) can do this "on-the-fly" converting to MP3 already, but until better hardware player comes out (if ever), MP3 (or WMA) is the only way to go and I just plain won't store my music in a format that can't be played back gapless......

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
Re: Creating a MP3 CD
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2002, 12:00:47 pm »

I don't see why something like that isn't possible.  The question is, is the demand great enough for the developer to want to invest in producing it.  Most people are happy with being able to convert then burn.  About the only automatic conversion that I am aware of is going from compressed to CDA (Audio CD burning from MP3's and such).  If enough people cry for it, the programmers will deliver it.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2002, 12:19:51 pm »

OK...so it takes 3 clicks instead of one. I'm not sure what your asking for that isn't already handled. Are you talkin about straight conversion to wav with concurrent burning going on at the same time? That's no simple task...processors aren't fast enough yet to do this, and any little interruption in the data stream in very apparent on the final product (the CD). Flawless burning is exactly why there is an intermediate step of converting all tracks to wav first.

Xenno

edit > If you really want 0 sec gaps between tracks then you do need to use Ogg, MPC, or Ape. But MJ has plenty of settings (see Settings>Options>Playback) that allow a simulated 0 sec gap even with MP3.

Henrik L

• Recent member
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2002, 08:18:07 pm »

When I wrote "On-The-Fly", I didn't mean it sould to MP3 encoding at 32x burn speed  ::)
I know that's never gonna happen, for at least a couple of years.

How you do it now is this :

Step 1 : Make a folder
Step 2 : Have a lot of songs in a playlist
Step 3 : Select all songs and Convert them to MP3 (Storing them in the folder you maked and make sure that MJ dosn't update it's database or delete the souce file)
Step 4 : Burn them to a DATA-CD.

Since there's so many MP3 CD Players out there, it would be nice to have this done automaticly....
(some none-computer types might not know how to do this)

btw...would like MJ to skip converting MP3 flies to MP3 files, since that's a bit silly..

xen-uno

• Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2002, 06:14:09 am »

First of all...you don't literally mean 1 click, do you?

What it seems you want is to take an audio cd and directly rip/encode/burn the tracks onto another CD. Is this right?

It sounds like you don't store any encoded files (Ogg, MP3, etc.) on your hard drive.

If you did though, here's the steps....

Step 1 : Select your songs or a playlist and right click on either
Step 2 : Select Send To>Device>your CD-RW
Step 3 : Click on the OK button, burning commences

...it's that easy

>btw...would like MJ to skip converting MP3 flies to MP3 files, since that's a bit silly

?...could you clarify? Sounds like you think your audio CD's are already MP3...which of course they're not...they're uncompressed wave files (more or less).

Xenno

BCPalmer

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Smile!!!  It's contagious!
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2002, 02:25:40 pm »

I store all my music in APE format (thanks Matt)!!! ;D  However, I burn MP3 Data CDs for my car and portable.  It would be very nice to be able to create a play list, send it to the burner, specify Data CD, specify the format and bitrate such as MP3 160 or WMA 160 for example; then let MJ handle the conversion and burn process from there.  I think this is what we're trying to get at.

Brian Palmer

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2002, 06:19:31 am »

This is what I want to do with a playlist of mp3 and ape files. Burn them all in mp3 format to a data disk.
deerhunter

graham131

• Galactic Citizen
  • Yadb (get it?) dabba do.....
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2002, 07:59:39 am »

I store all my music in APE format (thanks Matt)!!! ;D  However, I burn MP3 Data CDs for my car and portable.  It would be very nice to be able to create a play list, send it to the burner, specify Data CD, specify the format and bitrate such as MP3 160 or WMA 160 for example; then let MJ handle the conversion and burn process from there.  I think this is what we're trying to get at.

Brian Palmer

That sounds perfect Brian.  To be able to do this would be so cool.

Graham

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2002, 10:02:54 am »

Tried converting my Playlist to all mp3s. With 250 files it looked like it would take 6 hours to do it. Then MJ crashed after the third file. Did I make a big mistake saving in ape format.
Somebody please tell me the steps to do this. Do I make a folder on my hard drive or on MJ. I don't want to make a mistake and have all my ape files permanently converted to mp3.
deerhunter

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2002, 10:20:17 am »

>> Did I make a big mistake saving in ape format.
No Make sure your running the current version.

Maybe your having a problem burning this may need to be explored with acurate info and error messages to include you posting your version info (use Help system info) and paste to a message

Listening to: '(Don't Fear) The Reaper' from 'Agents Of Fortune' by 'Blue Oyster Cult' on Media Jukebox Charted At 12 In 1976
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2002, 10:28:24 am »

I have no trouble ripping or burning wave cds. I don't know why it crashed but please walk me through the proper procedure to convert my ape files including wMedia Jukebox PLUS 8.0.385
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium II 450 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 102 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A
here to put the folders.
deerhunter

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2002, 10:59:10 am »

you do not have the current version Of MJ8

that version is like 4 months old.

if i remember there was a problem converting from one format to another (it may have been in MJ9) not quite sure on that.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2002, 03:22:45 pm »

I now have the latest version. Tried to convert some ape files and it crashed. BUT I STILL AM ASKING HOW DO I HANDLE THE FILES THAT I CONVERT! PLEASE./
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2002, 03:35:44 pm »

This is my system now. Crashed after converting 2 ape files. So now I have a 150 dollar mp3 player and 847 ape files I can't convert to mp3 so I can use it. HELP PLEASE!

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.388
Install Path: C:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: Intel Pentium II 453 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 99 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4916.400
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0002) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A
deerhunter

deerhunter

• World Citizen
  • self employed
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2002, 03:46:24 pm »

It appears it will convert just two files before crashing. The first file it makes two mp3's named differently and the second one it makes only one.
 With the number of mp3 players now being sold and with most of us in mj saving files in ape, this is a serious problem that should be solved immediately. From what I read on this web page it would be simple to convert ape files to mp3. That does not appear to be the case. Hope you get a fix for this problem asp.
deerhunter
Pages: [1]   Go Up