INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thumbnail Plug-In  (Read 1662 times)

dragyn

Thumbnail Plug-In
« on: February 29, 2004, 11:44:27 am »

MC used to be able to make all the thumbnails automatically...now it doesn't. Someone willing to make a plugin to auto create all thumbnails in the database so I don't have to sit here looking at my screen all day?

King? Rhino? Anyone?

RhinoBanga

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Developer
Re:Thumbnail Plug-In
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2004, 03:46:00 pm »

It should do or else no images would appear when you set your list style to Thumbnails.

Are you saying you are getting no images?   Even if you select Album thumbnails?

fex

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 08:40:14 pm »

MC creates the thumbnails only for the shown part of the list. If you scroll down, you'll have to wait until this second part is created. Scroll further down, you'll have to wait again. And so on.

Sure, you have to do that only once (or after importing them again). But this takes time (I have around 4'000 albums, so needs a lot of time sitting in front of the screen an sroll down, wait, sroll, wait ...) ::)

jleerigby

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 07:48:21 am »

Just get Girder to do it for you i.e. Page down, wait, page down, wait etc.  You could calculate roughly how many pages down you need based on number of albums and add a short script in between the page down, wait commands that will update a count and stop looping when the appropriate count is reached.

You don't need a remote to use girder - you can trigger events from the keyboard or, in this case as it's almost one off task you could even just trigger the command manually within girder using F5.

If you are not sure how to set it up let me know and I'll create the girder gml file for you.  PM me as I don't check out this forum very often.
Pages: [1]   Go Up