INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mpio FY200 plug-in  (Read 898 times)

tangodog

• I might be a porcupine.
mpio FY200 plug-in
« on: March 11, 2004, 10:52:03 am »

I just bought a mpio fy200 MP3 player.  Then I found out that MediaCenter does not have a driver to support it.  So, how does one go about geeting one developed?  I personally know nothing about how to accomplish this.  All help will be appreciated.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:mpio FY200 plug-in
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2004, 12:21:43 pm »

If your player is recognized by your PC as a generic hard drive or removable drive, we already support it. If not, check if it is WMDM compatible. If it is, we already support it. You can check by running MC and going to Tools->Options->Devices and check the box for 'Enable support for WMDM devices. AFter doing this, if your player is WMDM compatible, you will see it under Drives and Devices in the tree.

Steve

markp99

• World Citizen
Re:mpio FY200 plug-in
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 12:33:27 pm »

tangodog,

My son has that same player.  Never got MC10 to work quite right with it, though we have not tried with the latest buids.  We've been using the MPIO manager software that came with the player to execute the sync.  We still manage his music library in MC10.

The complication for us is that MC is shared with 2 iPods and this MPIO.  Switching libraries and modes in MC10 for sync'ing is just a bit of a pain...especially with the technophobes in the house...

The current approach works pretty well for us.

BTW - Have you ever have trouble with your MPIO hanging when you near the space limit of the device??  Happens 100% of the time fr us. A real pain...
Pages: [1]   Go Up