INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggest MC support file ".dat"; and allow changing the properties of MPEG  (Read 935 times)

quang

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...

Hi, authors!

First, please overlook my mistakes in English.  :)

In my country, the VCD is still popular now.  And as you know that these file ".dat" of VCD are in the folder "MPEGAV".

(1)    But MC can't play file ".dat".  I try as following: rename file ".dat" into ".mpg" or ".avi",  then MC can play it now.

I don't know thoroughly these formats.  But I think if MC adds ".dat" into it's list, then it's good!

(2)    When MC play file ".mpg" (may be include ".avi", ".dat"),  where can I change the properties Sound quality (CD audio, FM or AM radio), Channels (first, second or third), Sound Channels (stereo or mono).  This is important.  Because user want to hear the artist in the song.  So MC does not meet his demand.

Thanks for your interesting!
quang.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!

We don't natively support .dat because too many system critical data files also use that extension.

And there's currently no way to configure the DirectX filters during movie playback.  This would be a good addition to MC 10.1.

Thanks quang.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

quang

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Suggest MC supports playing VC disc
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2004, 12:54:24 pm »

We don't natively support .dat because too many system critical data files also use that extension.

Hi Matt!

Thanks for reply!

I aggree with you about that.  So there is restriction to play ".dat" on some storage devicese (but not Video Compact Disc) with MC.

But with VCD, these files are in the folder "MPEGAV".  I think MC can recognize this.  So MC can play them correctly without confuse movie file with other data files.

In short, MC should support playing a VC disc.

Thanks for interesting!
quang.
Pages: [1]   Go Up