INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.112 Alpha Available  (Read 5278 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.112 Alpha Available
« on: October 27, 2004, 05:18:28 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your feedback on it, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't yet fully support it.  When upgrading from MC 10, you will lose your view schemes.  Some plugins still do not work.

We recommend that you use MC10 below, but if you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here:
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

If you want a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
Media Center 11.0.112 [see price link above]

Recent Changes

11.0.112 (10/27/04)

1. Fixed: Legacy WMA tag fields could take multiple tag saves to be flushed from the WMA tag.
2. Fixed: With a service installed (CD Baby, etc.), playback statistics could get updated as soon as a file was played instead of after half the file was played.
3. Fixed: Library Server playlists containing playlists may not have worked.
4. NEW: Added TiVo Server plugin to replace TiVO functionality in Media Server
5. Changed: Searches using the ~mix smartlist rule need to plaes their searches in curly braces ({}) so commas and quotes can be supported.
6. Changed: Mix smartlist keyword rule will use all songs from a search once before using the same song again.
7. Changed: Mass storage Portable Device detection is no longer based on volume labels. Tools->Options->Handhelds provides an option to configure any path as a "Portable Device".
8. Changed: Portable device options for base path and base playlist path are removed from the plugin. For WMDM devices, we will modify MC to automatically handle these paths. For non - WMDM, use Tools->Options->Handheld->Configure remote and fixed drives.
9. NEW: Moved more view settings (columns, sorting, etc.) to new view state database.  Now library specific and backed up with library backups.

11.0.111 (10/26/04)

1. NEW: View state information (columns, sorting, list style, selection, etc.) is stored in the database instead of per-user. (still a work in progress)
2. Fixed: A refresh (F5, etc.) would collapse all the tree items.
3. Changed: Startup location no longer supports 'Last Location' -- instead, a root item can be choosen. (required to support newer internal architecture)
4. NEW: Added ~mix smartlist keyword for building mixes of different ratios. (example: 40% 5-stars, 30% 4-stars, 20% 3-stars (or unrated), 10% 1 or 2 stars) (see other thread for syntax)

MC 11 Improvements

• CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
  • Many Theater View enhancements
  • Animated Direct3D file browsing
  • Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
  • Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
  • Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
  • Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
  • Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
  • MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
  • New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
  • Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
  • Added multi-zone synchronization
  • Added Album Gain support
  • Document support with full text searching / indexing
  • Pane auto-sizing
  • Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
  • New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
  • File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
  • Basic image editing
  • Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
  • Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
  • Video CD playback support
  • Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
  • Support for ATI HDTV card
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re:Media Center 11.0.112 Alpha Available
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2004, 05:31:32 pm »

There may be a problem with this build.  It won't install for me.

Edit.  After several tries, it did install, but still gave me a Windows error pointing to Installwizard.exe at the end of the install.

IanG

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2004, 06:04:06 pm »

[removed installer comments]

Tried the new handheld device mapping. It worked, but Windows Explorer and Explorer crashed.  

Ian G.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2004, 06:10:01 pm »

I uploaded a fixed build that works for me.  Hopefully it'll work for others as well.

Remember Jim's story about the tennis balls his dog lost down the hill...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2004, 08:09:34 pm »

The problem of what is in a smartlist not being sent to playing now is back.

The selections listed in a smartlist are not the selections that are played when you play the smartlist.

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 08:33:27 pm »

I uploaded a fixed build that works for me.  Hopefully it'll work for others as well.

Remember Jim's story about the tennis balls his dog lost down the hill...
http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=24309

jcouch93

• World Citizen
  • I'm confused...
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 08:36:34 pm »

I can't seem to get the Web Radio stations to tell me what the station is or what the track playing is (in Playing Now).  Is that something that has to be broadcast?  I thought that it was a part of the stream?  Thanks!

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 09:11:16 pm »

Hi folks:

1) Is there a way to suppress specific remote or fixed drives from showing as portables?  I have drive K: with a volume label "AV_LYRA".  I added "k:\audio" as a portable path and simply called it "Lyra".  But the Lyra then shows up twice, once as "Lyra" (I want to keep this) and once as the original "AV_LYRA" (which I'd like to remove).

2) The issue with files randomly either converting to the portable as a 0-byte file, or without tags, continues.  Steve, I know you're on top of this one so I'll keep it short.

3) For the last number of builds I've noticed that a particular smartlist formula I use is acting odd.  I have a playlist group called "Random Albums".  Within it I have:

"Random Jazz" (~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #] [Genre]=[Jazz])
"Random Prog Rock / Rock" (~limit=1,-1,[Album] ~sort=[Track #] [Genre]=[Progressive Rock],[Rock])
, etc.  

For whatever reason when I refresh one of these smartlist groups, it may or may not display correctly.  50% of the time it will, and the other 50% of the time it just shows _all_ albums in that genre rather than one.  Am I doing something wrong with ~limit?

Thanks!

-Doug

JimH

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 09:23:57 pm »

Matt,
The install works fine now.  

Thanks,

Jim

Omni

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 10:35:34 pm »

Bug:[/u]  Clicking on either Start[/b] or Artist Info[/b] externally spawns MC's default index.htm file.

I just upgraded from 11.0.95, so I can't say when this was introduced, but I know it was working with 11.0.95 because I have been using it (the Artist Info[/b] menu) all night in an attempt to properly categorize my genres.

Edit:[/b]  Not that you are asking, but I actually prefer it being spawned externally, at least for Artist Info[/b] page since doing it internally makes me lose focus from the tracks I was tagging in the first place!  Unfortunately, Artist Info[/b] still only spawns the index.htm page, so it's still a bug.  ;)

pascalm

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2004, 12:13:13 am »

Hi,
when Images Files is not stored in file ('E:\Music\DB\Covers\')
Cause the option wasn't activated.
After activation it doesn't auto store it... (not a bother)
But if you copy and paste it from another file it won't store in !
You'll have to remove it first then paste to get it to work.

---
Don't really like the playing now view. Espacially since you can't save it and it restores itself to MC Default.

A part from that MC Still Rocks

Herakles

• Recent member
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2004, 06:21:05 am »

Seeking bug: If i bring the slider all the way back to the beginning the song is instead played further ahead.

pascalm

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 06:52:12 am »

by the way MC doesn't seem to care about language file anymore.

Jaqqe

• World Citizen
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2004, 10:22:16 am »

112  messed up all my views.. how do I now save a view for all locations ??
Money... no, chocolate makes the world go round. Even here in Finland.

LonWar

« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2004, 10:29:57 am »

112  messed up all my views.. how do I now save a view for all locations ??

My view are ok, But when I went to change the view, Save This View in the customize current view, Is always greyed out....
-

sirshambling

• Galactic Citizen
  • real soul lives on....
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2004, 10:55:00 am »

The "Save This View" option from r/clicking and choosing "Customize Current View" is "greyed out" for Media Library, Playing Now and my playlists. Maybe other places as well.

My previous settings for these places have also gone - reverted to default I guess.

John

Krazykanuck

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2004, 12:35:27 pm »

Media centre keeps poping to the active window.
I am ripping and listening in MC
I also have a browser window up and am doing some web design.
It's a little annoyiing to be switched to MC while in the middle of something else.

Omni

« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2004, 02:10:38 pm »

Maybe this is related to the bug I reported above <shrug>...

The context menu of the MC icon in the system tray is missing the option to "Show Media Center."  In it's place is the option, "Update Webpages..."

Luckily, "Update Webpages..." seems just to be a label change only, not a functional change, because selecting it is the only way I can restore my "minimized to system tray" MC.

SteveG

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2004, 04:52:16 pm »

Doug,

In regards to the 0 -byte file and loss of tag during portable transfer/conversion, I can no longer duplicate this problem. I am trying using wma and ogg files as you mentioned in your last post on this. Lets try to narrow it down some. What is the exact type and bitrate you are converting to? Can you email me a file which fails?  Try sending a set group of five files with conversion and note the results. Do this a few times and see if there is a pattern.

In regards to the device showing up twice, it appears that the Lyra is being detected as a WMDM device (AV_LYRA?). If this is the case, you should not use the portable path set up for remote and fixed drive players. Instead, if you need a particular default directory for music on the device (or a default playlist directory) I will add built in support for this. In order to do so, I need to know how the Lyra identifies itself to your PC. To find this, please start MC and go to File->OpenURL and enter 'ShowDeviceID' and then click on the Lyra in the tree. MC will open a dialogue and show you what I need.

Thanks,

Steve  - steve @ jriver.com

DougHamm

• MC Beta Team
  • Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2004, 07:00:51 pm »

Doug,

In regards to the 0 -byte file and loss of tag during portable transfer/conversion...

Thanks,

Steve  - steve @ jriver.com

Steve, perhaps a breakthrough: if files are transferred to unique folders each time, I have 100% success.  It only fails if files are copied into a folder that has already received a file during that particular transfer session.

I tried copying two files from Artist A and two from Artist B, alternating their order.  So they were transferred A, B, A, B, to two folders.  Interestingly, the first song from each artist worked, but the second song failed.  Artist A's second song was 0 bytes, and artist B's was full-size but tagless.  MC11 generated a tag error on that last file.  I hope this is the breakthrough!

Also the Lyra shows up as two device IDs, one for its hard drive and one for the integrated CF card.  RD2780 Player and RD2780 CF, respectively.  It'd be nice to have both.

Thanks Steve!  Here's hoping!

-Doug

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2004, 08:08:06 pm »

I got this draw error today (obviously the red circle was added) sometime after installing 11.0.112  and using MC for a little while.  I didn't notice it right away so I'm not sure where I was in the program when it happened.  I was actively creating view schemes (and fixing my custom views/sorting/etc - thanks for that change though), and so was navigating around in the tree a lot ...

Quitting and reopening the program cleared it up, but I haven't been messing with it since then (I've been typing this up) ... So I don't know if it was a fluke or if it will recurr.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

NoCodeUK

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2004, 07:54:42 am »

websites in theater view do not allow you type into input fields. Is this by design?  You can view the google news page but I would rather view uk news than world news and I cannot type into the boxes to narrow the search.

Also if a view scheme has no panes set up eg its Empty could the panes bar be made invisible to allow more space to view the files?  Another thing  I noticed was customising the view of a playlist and trying tochange sort does nothing.  After a while I realised it probably shouldn't but it was a tad confusing that the option was available.  Could sort be disabled when customising view for a playlist?

Cheers.  I like the way 11 is shaping up.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2004, 10:22:57 am »

Auto sizing doesn't work properly on this view scheme since it was last retuned - Artist/Name/Lyrics.  Artist column ends being about 1mm wide.

Adam
"It's called No Code because it's full of code. It's misinformation." - Eddie Vedder

NoCodeUK

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2004, 10:26:58 am »

editing a view scheme and checking populate tree resets to default view.  And the save this view button is always disabled in the customize view scheme dialog.

Adam

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2004, 10:48:23 am »

Im getting the "Blah Blah....can not play vizualization....blah blah....file type." message in "Playing Now" whenever I try to play a VCD. Dont know why or when this started because I havent tried to use a VCD since the feature was first added. I came back from Hong Kong last week and wanted to check out the Korean VCD I bought. It may have been a localization problem. But, correct me if I'm wrong, VCDs have no localization encoding do they?

Anyway, it worked fine in WMP.
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

pank2002

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2004, 11:16:48 am »

Why did you put this build on Monkey's Audio's server (I guess it physically is the same as MC's)?
Music is life... the rest is details.
Here is a security related website: secubi.dk
Pages: [1]   Go Up