INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning to Sony Mini Disc  (Read 3098 times)

juan_quar

• nothing more to say...
Burning to Sony Mini Disc
« on: January 07, 2004, 03:43:01 pm »

Hi there.

Does anyone know if it is possible to either currently burn songs to Sony Mini Disc or if it is possible to write a plug in to do it? The Sonicare software that comes with the MD just sucks big time!! and MC is my preffered player so obviously (if possible) I'd like to use that.

Look forward to your replies.

Juan

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Burning to Sony Moni Disc
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 05:30:50 pm »

I think at one time it did, i read someone did on older versions

not sure, since i never did it.

Plug-In, not likely
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

MachineHead

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 08:04:30 pm »

Never happen. Sony is closed source and very demanding about how something gets into their MD players.

Had a NetMD for about six hours not long ago. Horrid software that crashed at least seven times in two hours. My pc had been stable for nearly six months prior to this.

Converts everything to their format with very stupid check in / check out rules.

Cool idea that is very badly executed. Sony has issues with any digital media because of them also owning a record label. So unless you play by their funny little rules, you probably aren't gonna get what you want.

That said, you can check at Hydrogen Audio and find tips for using Nero to mount a virtual drive and burn that with the included software that comes with your player.

Personally, I have little patience for something that tries to tell me how to use music on my own computer. Getting a 20 Gig RCA Lyra soon and I bet that doesn't tell me how many times I can check out my legally obtained music.

Sorry to be so dead set against an otherwise nifty little device.

Sarducci

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2004, 10:36:50 pm »

I am also frustrated that downloads to Sony MD players are not possible from Media Center.  However, RealOne Player does handle downloads to the Sony MD, and while the program is not as good as Media Center, it certainly beats the software that comes with the Sony MD player.
I am hopeful that a plug-in will be added for Sony MDs, because I would prefer to use Media Center for everything.

buffaloquinn

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 04:14:09 pm »

Yeah, Sony software sucks. Absolutely related to owning label and selling recorders.
This has been raised in another thread and so has the RealPlayer solution. I've been going that route until someone can do a plug-in for MC. RealPlayer actually uses the Sony Software to burn from within its' own front end.
I tried several of the other workarounds using Nero images but have yet to get one to work the naming/tags correctly. I don't like having to manually edit filenames.Currently I put together my playlist in MC and export it to and M3U file so that Realplayer can use it.
The nice thing about Realplayer's implementation is it gives you three compression options before you press the burn button so you can make sure whole list fits on disc.
Not a perfect arrangement but one I an live with. Still crashes one in a while but fairly easy to pick up where it left off. Also solves the checkin/out problem because you can delete the files that track that stuff if you want to later on.
Pages: [1]   Go Up