INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Scheduler Questions  (Read 1066 times)

lise

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Media Scheduler Questions
« on: February 09, 2004, 08:39:09 am »

I want to use MC to replace my VCR (we have no TiVo in Canada).

1. Re Periodic Task.
How can I set the scheduler so that it tapes the same show, M-F, but where each recording is given a different name, even if it is just a (1) and (2) appended at the end of the name? Currently only one output name is allowed, which means the show is overwritten on a daily basis.

(I know I can just create a periodic task for each weekday instead, but the same problem will occur when this Monday's program is overwritten by next Monday's program. I plan on taping up to 2 weeks worth of tv shows.)

2. Can I rename the "action" under Periodic Task List to reflect what I am taping, so "TVProgramName" instead of "Start Recording TV"?

3. What is required for my being able to access the scheduler via Theatre View:  A plug-in? If so, I'll learn about writing one. Or perhaps I can access Media Scheduler directly using a remote? If so, I'll learn about how to set that up. Basically I just need to know what I'm supposed to learn to get this working.
A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
Re:Media Scheduler Questions
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2004, 11:40:22 am »

I know everyone at jriver is busy with this 'surprise' project, so I'll help.
Re my post:

__ Possible in the immediate future

__ Possible at some time

__ You can do it now. Don't you read the manual?

A wise man once said don't count your years, but make your years count. Or was it beers?

lise

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2004, 01:59:31 pm »

bump

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 02:21:34 pm »

You can do it now. Don't you read the manual?

LOL.

Currently there is no way to do any of the things you listed.  Hopefully we can visit these for MC 10.1.

Thanks Lise.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up