INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Setting up MJ interface and functionality  (Read 699 times)

rbmcgee

• nothing more to say...
Setting up MJ interface and functionality
« on: November 23, 2002, 06:25:35 am »

Hi all,

Currently a Musicmatch jukebox user/owner and am trying MJ 9 and if you can help me, I will definately buy it.  I'm having trouble configuring it properly.

Interface:
I need 2 main windows/panels.  One would be the library.  I'm OK here.  The other would be the current songs in que (playing now/playlist).  I'm not talking about the currently playing song (single track) but all the songs in the current playlist.  Need help here.

The library needs to organized by artist/tracks with a plus sign in front of the artist to expand and view tracks.  I'm OK here.  Each track will need to have album name and track number identifiers (columns).  Need help here.  The library is navigated via arrows/select keys.  I'm OK here.

As you add songs from the library, they appear in sequence in the playlist panel, without immediately playing and without deleting the song that is already playing.  So that if you have added to songs to the que, you can see all 10 songs.  Need help here.  

Musicmatch Jukebox does all the above very well.

Functionality:
I want to control MJ with my remote/girder (can be the same as using the keyboard via hotkeys).
The keys are:
- Play
- Pause
- Stop
- Next track
- Previous track
- right, left, up, down arrow keys - for navigation
- Select (enter) - for selecting

I will be OK here.

Also:
Need to be able to view and navigate through previously saved playlists using the arrow keys and the select button.  I will probably be OK here.

Need to be able to clear all songs from the current playlist/que using a clear button.  Need help here.

Musicmatch does not do these at all.

Thanks for listening and I hope you can help.

Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up