INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Support for preview (i.e. multiple sound cards)  (Read 759 times)

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Support for preview (i.e. multiple sound cards)
« on: March 18, 2004, 09:04:10 pm »

I'm so loving your product. Every time I need it do something, it does it, or it's been included in v10 (which I don't have yet). Here's one I hope is included in v10...

I'm using MC9 to DJ on my laptop, and I need to be able to preview tracks before adding them to my playlist. It would seem that an extension to Zones or something like that should allow me have one zone dedicated to live output, and the other zone address only the headphone port. That said, the zone implementation would probably be a good first step implementation for you, but not ideal for the user (me), since today, when toggling between zones, the current media library context is lost. Thus, while I may have been previewing a song in my preview zone that I wanted to add to my live output zone playlist, I would have have to re-find that track... kind of a pain. This could be overcome by a setting to maintain media library context when switching zones. Heck, this would be a useful feature in and of itself.

BTW, I'm using a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 NX, and I know that other software (which I don't like as well as yours) is able to address the Audigy's stereo pair outputs independently to offer this preview functionality.

Thanks,
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:Support for preview (i.e. multiple sound cards)
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 09:19:48 pm »

If it isn't tricky, we'll make switching zones remember the library context.  Bump this if it doesn't happen in the next few builds.

Then zones should be just what the doctor ordered.

Thanks Jeff.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

jeffspl311

• World Citizen
  • Reaper of Righteous Riffs
Re:Support for preview (i.e. multiple sound cards)
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2004, 04:40:31 pm »

Just read the 10.0.95 (3/19/04) beta build list. You guys are amazing.

Thanks,
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up