INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rio karma support: Copy playlist file to player  (Read 1136 times)

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
Rio karma support: Copy playlist file to player
« on: March 21, 2004, 11:04:23 am »

The Karma is a great player.  The support for tagging is way better then all the rest, but it doesn't posses the power MC has.
So the answer is creating playlists,
So you may use the various songs stored for different playlists.
So exporting the playlists from MC to the karma, is a significant feature.
Currently when I drag a playlist over the rio, it puts only the songs in queue to be transferred to the player.

Sending the playlist itself is only possible if it is exported and transferred with the original software.
What would really be nice is a kind of integration, which would allow me to dictate what keywords would be used for playlists stored on the karma.
How about a sync feature, and a sync tag? Once I tag a playlist as “Sync” it would be synced and stored on the player?

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
Re:Rio karma support: Copy playlist file to player
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2004, 01:08:28 pm »

Here is what I know. MC10 uses some standard drivers to access the karma. They are very limited: no oggs, no playlist, slow transfer, frequent crashes...

Now the bright side of life: JRiver is going to release a plugin for the karma with all the nice functionality that one would expect. It is in their queue, don't know how high. There are open source libraries released by Rio to access the karma, so I guess that eases the creation of the plug-in.

They may even do it before 10.1. Anyone can onfirm/disconfirm it?

edbro

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2004, 02:05:46 pm »

Well, let me add my voice to the masses crying for a Karma plugin. I know there are others that have looked at Media Center and had to pass because of the lack of full functionality for the Karma.

There is a rapidly growing Karma user base out there and JRiver needs to move this plugin up in the priority queue.

nivw

• World Citizen
  • "I m singing in the rain, na na nanana..."
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2004, 06:38:23 pm »

Well I setup a sync profile using the rio's sofware to a playlist
What I would realy want to see is the option to have MC export all playlists when I exit it.
That way the playlists will always be up to date.
And I'll only need to run the rio's software.

Niv

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2004, 11:48:43 pm »

Well I setup a sync profile using the rio's sofware to a playlist
What I would realy want to see is the option to have MC export all playlists when I exit it.
That way the playlists will always be up to date.
And I'll only need to run the rio's software.

Niv
That would be great. Because then you can use all the fancy search options, smartlist, etc... for loading the karma depending on your mood.

So you can prepare a "gym" playlist of  songs that are for example, between BPM 120 - 140, are not techno, alternative, or soundtrack, and have a bitrate > 128, or a "work" playlist with other kind of music, etc
Pages: [1]   Go Up