INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Library Help  (Read 1095 times)

jimson

• nothing more to say...
Media Library Help
« on: November 22, 2002, 04:51:39 pm »

Now that I have paid for MJ I feel that I can solicit help from the other users. I only use the Media Library feature because I have all of my 700 CDs on a 120 GB external Firewire drive which I bring back and forth to work with me.

Question is, even though I established "Track #" as the only way to sort songs, when I click on an album in Media Library to play it, I get a sequence column which I can not seem to get rid of. I want it to only sort by Track # - ever. Help?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Media Library Help
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2002, 07:46:18 pm »

You only paid JRiver....now you have to pay us. But I'm cheap, just pat me on the back next time you see me...OK?

The sequence column is hard coded into MJ. You can't remove it. Your sort IS occuring by track#, after your sort it merely puts in that sequence number to identify the "line item"...so to speak. The number you see is dynamic and not "attached" to any particular song. Drag songs around in a playlist and you'll see what I mean.

10-27

PS: You can click on Seq column header and change the ascending order to descending (as you've found out) but notice the sequence number in that case stays "attached" to a particular track. That's the only time it will deviate from what I said above.

If it's not sorting well by track # then check the track # tag in the files.

jimson

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 08:50:39 pm »

Your reply seems to make sense but it is not what I am seeing on the screen. Please look at this screenshot to see what I mean.  http://www.innersanctum.com/medialib.gif

?

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2002, 09:02:56 pm »

OK...I see what's going on. See the vertical series of squares on the left hand frame? Dbl click on them and the tree view will "unhide", then my earlier post will make sense.

10-27

jimson

• nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2002, 10:23:02 pm »

:o

Now I feel like an idiot. I could not make sense of it. I had viewed the tree before - I just hid it for the screenshot. The problem was that SHUFFLE WAS ON. That is why when I clicked an album to play it randomized the sequence.

Thanks for your help though!
Pages: [1]   Go Up