INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: What does skip or rename do when resyncing?  (Read 761 times)

Nolonemo

• Galactic Citizen
  • I'm still a malla!
What does skip or rename do when resyncing?
« on: April 03, 2004, 12:54:28 pm »

Question 1:  I have set up a playlist with all the files (about 8000) I want to transfer to my Zen Xtra (a subset of my MC library).  I formatted the Zen and set up a sync to sync only that playlist (and to copy files to the Zen) overnight.  MC crashed after transferring about 1/4 of the files.   This morning when I started to resync, I got a popup asking what I wanted to do with duplicate files.  If I choose autorename, will MC put copies on the Zen of files that are already on it?  I know that I have some files in the playlist that are treated as dupes (athough that puzzles me because all my files are completely tagged so that two files from different albums that are both titled "cocaine - eric clapton.mp3" should be recognized as different based on the tags, no?), so I don't just want to choose skip and end up with holes in some of the albums.

Question 2:
After I get the playlist transferred to the Zen and then add and delete files on it in MC and resync, will MC remember the files that were previously sync'd to the Zen and not treat them as dupes so that any new files that are seen as dupes will be able to be transferred?  (Variation on the situation in question 1).  I mean, if I choose auto-rename, will MC send and rename only newly added files that are dupes, or will it rename and send files that were already sent to the Zen?

Thanks

PS I'm using MC10 and the latest Zen plugin.

Pages: [1]   Go Up