INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: RPalmer: MC 11 Theater View Issues  (Read 858 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
RPalmer: MC 11 Theater View Issues
« on: April 21, 2005, 06:16:37 pm »

THEATER VIEW

When in Playing Now view and you press "Toggle Zone" the information at the bottom updates for cover art, but the track listing doesn't update,  you have to press "Playing Now" to get the track list to update.  This is confusing for the user.

I also found that some of the visualizations I have tried (like the spectrum Analyzer ones) don't seem to update with a toggle zone either.

Also could I suggest that the green "Play" symbol that shows the current track should change to a "paused" or "Stopped" symbol depending on the current state.  Having a green "Play" symbol when the track is paused or stopeed is a bit confusing for users.

Richard

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: RPalmer: MC 11 Theater View Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 10:55:07 am »

When in Playing Now view and you press "Toggle Zone" the information at the bottom updates for cover art, but the track listing doesn't update,  you have to press "Playing Now" to get the track list to update.  This is confusing for the user.

I can't reproduce this.  How are you switching zones, and are you using the latest build? (a few bulids ago there were some update detection changes to Theater View)

I also found that some of the visualizations I have tried (like the spectrum Analyzer ones) don't seem to update with a toggle zone either.

Currently visualizations aren't fully zone aware.  This is a known issue that won't change in this version at least.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: RPalmer: MC 11 Theater View Issues
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 05:46:21 pm »

Matt,

I'm using the toggle zone command on my remote control as I have no keyboard or mouse attached to the PC.

Have tried switching zones using "Controls -> Zones" from the menus and this works OK, so it seesm to be an issue with the "toggle Zones" remote control command.

I'm using 11.0.246

Cheers
Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up