INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: checking a previous rip  (Read 900 times)

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
checking a previous rip
« on: March 30, 2004, 04:40:14 pm »

Hi

been lurking for a few days but i have finally hit something i can't work out through reading previous posts.

I am using MC10.100 just upgraded last night and I for one am really impressed, rips are going much smoother for me, and database accessibility issues I was having with 9 and 10 are now gone.

I am about 300 cds into about a 700 cd rip, unfortunately some of my cds have been damaged by my sony mega changers, parts of the data side of the cd have been scratched off...

so i have been ripping in secure mode and checking out the log files to see which tracks are not 100% reliable, but i never saved those logs, but now i am at the point where there enough cds with this problem that i am thinking i will need to just go out and rebuy them and re rip them, but unfortunetly i didn't save the log files.  So i want to know if there is any way to do a search for tracks or cds that did not burn at 100% or any method to do a reliability scan after the fact?

Any ideas would be really great.

Thanks,
Kain

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re:checking a previous rip
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 04:49:38 pm »

Could you maybe use the date created or date imported as clues to help you remember?

Otherwise, I'm not sure.  There's no way to get to old log files that weren't saved.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 04:56:26 pm »

In your case...your ears are the only tool you have. There are checkers that can find defects in your files (such as bad frames/headers/ect), but not missing/zeroed out/erroneous samples. You may want to ask same question at Hydrogen Audio. I've heard of a centralized database (don't recall the name) to compare (via CRC or something) your rips to...but I think it's applicable only WHILE your ripping...not finished ones.

10-27

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 05:07:53 pm »

The date ripped doesn't help unfortunately because i have been ripping about 50-100 cds per day.  I need to be able to search all ripped cds for unreliable data.

thanks for the replies
Pages: [1]   Go Up