INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.118 Available  (Read 2979 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.118 Available
« on: April 20, 2004, 05:02:10 pm »

PLEASE USE THIS THREAD TO REPORT BUGS.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

IF YOU DON'T SEE YOUR POST HERE, see the index for the board.  Posts that ask questions or start discussions will usually be moved.

The latest version of MC10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100118.exe

PRICE and UPGRADE info is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.118 (4/20/04)

1. Changed: Clicking anywhere on an item's row in the tree selects it. (instead of having to click on the text)
2. Changed: Smartlist / search wizard dialogs 100 or more times faster to fill and show with large lists.
3. Fixed: Accelerators (backspace, Ctrl+A, mouse back, etc.) wouldn't be translated properly in the File > Open dialog.
4. Fixed: In-place editing could change a value's case when no changes were made in some cases.
5. New: Miscellaneous improvements in TV component.
6. Changed: For transfers to WMDM portables, if a file is playing in MC and opened with write access and an attempt to transfer the file is made, MC will notify that transfer is not possible.
7. NEW: Added ability to make copies of playlists and playlist groups -- hold control key while dragging in the tree. (will spread to other tree areas and menus later)
8. NEW: Added ability to copy folders with My Computer view -- hold control key while dragging. (will spread to other tree areas and menus later)
9. Fixed: In some cases, drag-n-drop of library tree items to other library tree items for the purposes of tagging wouldn't update the new files.

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
Re:Media Center 10.0.118 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 08:02:32 pm »

Closing MC while a CD burn is in progress appears to suspend the burn, but leaves the drive locked. (I closed MC by accident)

Shouldn't there be a confirmation dialog before exiting, that would cancel the burn in a predictable way?

MouriceNo1

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 09:25:03 pm »

Hey, album thumbnails for albums with multiple artists stopped working. Normal albums work, but multiple-artist albums, even in the same directory, show a cover thumbnail for each track. I just upgraded from 9.1 today, so just let me know if I'm just blind and can't see the option to fix this or something.

Also, is there a way in this version to see the playing now list in the Action Window and a way to detach it? I used this feature all the time in 9.1 because I have multiiple monitors, and it was nice to see what's queued on one monitor and browse on the other.

Thanks.

cryst

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 02:46:15 am »

Column sizing (automatic and manual both) does not adjust to the maximum size of a field, if the biggest field occurs in a row that is current (i.e. bold font).

gpvillamil

• Listen to the music...
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2004, 06:51:15 am »

Cascius said:

When going from maximized to restore(non-maxed) window, the size of the MC window becomes way too huge. My screen is at 1600 by 1200 and it's about 1.5-2 times wider and taller.

More info: In the current configuration, I also use my TV screen as a 2nd monitor for video and visualizations. When I start a video/ vis, it switches the resolution of the tv screen (that's wanted). I think this has something to do with MC not remembering the correct size.

Well, it's happening to me again with .118

Generally seems to involve switching out of a fullscreen vis.

TempUser

• Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2004, 07:18:11 am »

Hello,

today I downloaded Media Center 10 (could not find the exact version number) Trial Version on Windows XP.

I tried to start the media center but couldn't because: "Failed to initialize Registration control.". This applies also to some other programs like CD Labeler, Media Editor etc. The help file is not available.

I had to restart during installation.

Hope you have an idea! :-(

TempUser

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2004, 08:25:46 am »

BUG: Theatre view ignores non alphabetic album sorting. My sorting goes
Artist
Date(Year)
Album
Track #
So selecting an artist and pressing return in Mega-Me plays all their albums in chronological order.
Selecting the same artist in Theatre View and pressing Space plays the albums in alphabetical order. This happens even if I put a Year level in before Album.

BUG: Vis Studio - Cover art doesn't always change if OnEquation is set to something complicated. See this thread
This bug has existed since 8.0. Since I can't have a static image on my plasma (burn-in), and I can't animate cover art around the screen, I can't use cover art at all in my visualisations. Is there any chance of getting this fixed?

BUG: If I open a SWF file as a URL e.g.
http://www.weebl.jolt.co.uk/comics/pie.swf
it plays OK in MC, using Realplayer apparently. If I download the same SWF for offline play or faster loading, it plays fine in Real or IE but MC won't import or play it.

BUG: Also, aspect ratio control doesn't work for some Divx AVI's. This one for example
http://www.fen-net.de/walter.preiss/speedivx/glas2.avi
I'm playing back with the latest Divx 5.11 codec

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004, 09:34:28 am »

Hello,

today I downloaded Media Center 10 (could not find the exact version number) Trial Version on Windows XP.

I tried to start the media center but couldn't because: "Failed to initialize Registration control.". This applies also to some other programs like CD Labeler, Media Editor etc. The help file is not available.

I had to restart during installation.

Hope you have an idea! :-(

TempUser

Uninstall MC, restart, and install this version: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100118.exe

Let us know if you fare any better.  (you may want to start a separate thread)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

realShady

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2004, 09:36:07 am »

COSMETIC BUG: Playing Now in Windowed Mode

When in this mode, the Playing Now window tries to "snap" to screen edges. This doesn't work well in a mixed-resolution multiple monitor setup, e.g.
Screen 1: 1024x768, 2-line fixed start bar
Screen 2: 1280x1024

The "window snaps" are:
- left hand edge of screen 1
- top edges of screens 1 and 2
- right edge of screen 1 -- should be right edge of screen 2
- bottom of screen 1 active area (top of task bar) -- okay on screen 1, but should be bottom of screen 2 when the window is on screen 2

It's a very picky one and may only be solvable in WinXP, which (finally!) has decent native multiple monitor support.

geier22

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2004, 12:47:12 pm »

Artist info did not work

just i have installed Mc 10.0.118 . When I highlighted a song and klick on the Artist Info Buttom on the tool bar it appears the following massage:

file "http%3a%%2f%2fwww%2emusicex%2ecom..................... is not found

when klicking on artist Info in the tree, the AMG Window appears with the following Massage :

No Search Parameter! sql=1

Debian Testing x64 (multiarch) Xfce
TEAC UD-H01 - Yamaha A-S1000 /
Midrange- Studiomonitore by FÖÖN
AsRock Z390 Extreme4- Intel Core i9 9900/ 32 GB Ram

urlybird

• Junior Woodchuck
  • .^.^.^......... ..^.^.^..
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2004, 01:25:05 pm »

Not sure when this started to happen but the Slideshow plugin now hangs MediaCenter while waiting for load of image - everything is locked - you can't stop, pause etc. until the image is loaded or times out.

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2004, 01:39:01 pm »

Me too with the artist info.

Also, I'm still having problems with "find and replace".
This time I copied all my files from one drive to another using karens replicator.
Then I did a find and replace to just the drive letter for my 7000ish files and it tells me that "file already exists" for 12 of them and asks me if i want to replace them.
If i hit yes, they disapear completely (requiring me to go back and re-rip them). If i hit no, the reference to them remians in the library at the old address. So I hit no. And finally after the find and replace finishes it tells me that these files may be corrput or in use.  They are not in use, and I dont know if they are corrupt, but after I import them again they play back just fine from beginning to end.

This all happened to me before (I think I was doing a "rename files" though.) And it was with a different bunch of files last time. which had no problems at all this time.

Ta,
Bri
Pages: [1]   Go Up