INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Archos Handheld problem  (Read 1757 times)

RadFinkbeiner

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Archos Handheld problem
« on: March 30, 2004, 11:42:53 am »

Help!!

First of all id like to say that the Media Center is Awesome!!  I am currently trying the 30 free trial and would love to purchase the software for good. But I need to get this problem squared away before I buy it.

I recently purchased an Archos 10GB Jukebox so I can finally be free from my mountain of cds.  I spent approx. 40 hours uploading my 350+ cd collection onto my computer and now am ready to upload this music to my player.  When I hook up the player to the computer (via a usb port) I can see the icon on the bottom tool bar and i can see it listed as E: under 'my computer'. I can even drag and drop files (mp3's) manually to this E: drive successfully.  

But when I try and click on the handheld iconin the Media Center it says there is not one hooked to the computer. I went through the tree with the same result.

In MC, I even went and added a new source to transfer files to as the E: drive.  When I try to transfer files it brings up the E: window but wont let me drop any mp3's there. What am I doing wrong???  

I really want to buy this software but it wont make sense if i cant get it to work with my player. Thanks!!

Andrew

:P

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Archos Handheld problem
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2004, 12:56:14 pm »

Most Archos players appear to your PC as a fixed drive. In order to recognize them, MC looks for certain default volume labels. What is your volume label for the Archos? Try naming it something with the word 'JUKEBOX' in it and see if it is recognized.

Steve

RadFinkbeiner

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2004, 03:32:24 pm »

Please forgive me but what is a volume label and where do i go to change it?

SteveG

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2004, 04:45:00 pm »

No need to apologize.

In Windows Explorer find your Archos drive. Right click on it and select 'Properties' and you should see a name which is the volume label.

Steve

RadFinkbeiner

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2004, 07:29:54 pm »

Wow!! It actually worked!!  I owe you a big one.....Thanks!!

I have downloaded a few samples and it works pretty well...except (you knew it was coming) after I download a song or a group of songs MC stops recognizing the player. If I exit the program and restart then MC recognizes the player again.  Is there something I can do about that?  I hope!!
Thanks again!

I am definitely going to buy the software now!!

SteveG

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 10:43:15 am »

When MC stops recognizing the player, does Windows Explorer still recognize it? Has the player powered down or been disconnected?

Steve

RadFinkbeiner

• Recent member
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 12:58:16 pm »

No, the player is still powered and the E: frive is still seen under "my computer".  In fact I only need to restart the MC program and the player is again recognized. Weird hunh?

Andrew

SteveG

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 01:12:54 pm »

Rad,

I cannot duplicate this. What happens if you delete a file (right click on the file and select 'Delete')? When the screen refreshes, do you lose the player in the tree?

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up