INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CD text gone barmy  (Read 1907 times)

highab

• Recent member
CD text gone barmy
« on: April 08, 2003, 01:22:41 am »

I've just recorded a couple of CDs... with a complete shutdown and a night's rest between them, and this morning's CD bears yesterday's CDtext titles...weird huh?

I've also noticed that in CD burn mode, track numbers move with the tracks when sorting by date created... not actually what I was looking for...

am downloading .144, but don't see this in the fixes list so thought I'd let you guys all know about it. ;D

Media Center Registered 9.0.143 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 1694 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 392 MB, Free - 31 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 (xpsp1.020828-1920)
Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1145 (xpsp2.021108-1929) / wnaspi32.dll: Internal ASPI Layer

Ripping /   Drive D:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:Auto   Read speed:Max
 Drive E:   Copy mode:ModeBurstBigBuffer   CD Type:IDE   Read speed:Max
 Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: No /  Copy volume: 32767
 Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: HL-DT-ST CD-RW GCE-8400B    Addr: 1:1:0  Speed:40  MaxSpeed:40  Use MJ Engine:Yes
 Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
 Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

JohnT

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: CD text gone barmy
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2003, 07:54:38 am »

I've just recorded a couple of CDs... with a complete shutdown and a night's rest between them, and this morning's CD bears yesterday's CDtext titles...weird huh?

Barmy! I like that word.
How are you viewing the CD-text, using MC or some other player? I'm just wondering if the CD-text on the burned CD is actually wrong, or if MC is calling up the wrong information from it's CD database.
The cd-text burned will always reflect what you see in the track listing before you start the burn (theoretically  :)).
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

highab

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2003, 01:02:51 pm »

that was checking it on the normal CD player/radio..... at times I don't get any CD text even with the "write CD text" box checked.... could the speed of recording have an effect there?

10sne1

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2003, 01:55:05 pm »

This is problem I've been reported in last few builds!

JohnT

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2003, 05:09:32 am »

Weird. I could understand a bug causing garbled characters, truncated names, or no CD-text at all. But I can't think of anything that would cause the text from a previous burn to show up on the current one.

As to the text not showing up at all, is there anything unusual about the track names or artist names or cd title on these? Like unusual characters, very long or very short names, etc.? I'm assuming the cd-text works ok sometimes, but on some disks doesn't show up at all, is that right?

Recording speed shouldn't have any effect on this.

Thanks,
John T.

highab

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2003, 08:51:36 am »

I'll keep a log of good and bad burns as regards CDtext and let you have it

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
Re:CD text gone barmy
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2004, 03:46:47 am »

Slight bump...

CDText: when I burn a compilation CD, the artist is always the same.  Back a year ago, when I was using Musicmatch JB, the CDText was always done very neatly: artist and title could be different for every track.  Am I missing something in MC ?  If so, which crazy version do I need to be running?  Right now, when on the CD burn page, the only option that says anything about CDText is the Artist and Title information; and then the artist in that field gets splattered in all the track's CDText...

I also have a CDText leftover as mentioned above: I burned two nearly identical CDs; the second one had a track inserted to track 2.  Both CDs have the same CDText!?!  Confirmed CDText on MMJB on another machine.

Thanks!
==
roognation
human electrode

Sauzee

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2004, 05:40:02 am »

Which version of MC are you running?

I discovered that if you are burning a CD with Various Artists that as long as you have the  track artist  for each song that this will appear on the CD Text. Do not alter edit CD Text ... option - or it will do as you describe.

However the Album name will appear as various - which isn't much use.  I like to put 2 old [short length] CD's on 1 and it would be nice to have different album CD text for each album.

JohnT

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2004, 08:43:45 am »

There was a bug fix in version 10.0.71, so any version later than that should properly put the individual artist names on the tracks. As Sauzee stated, if you fill in an artist name in the CD-Text option, that will override and show up for every track.

Sauzee-
I haven't checked lately, but I believe there is only one album title that can be stored in cd-text. You can't store a different album title for different tracks. If you know differently, I'll take another look.

Sauzee

« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2004, 10:59:12 am »

Sauzee-
I haven't checked lately, but I believe there is only one album title that can be stored in cd-text. You can't store a different album title for different tracks. If you know differently, I'll take another look.

JohnT

I don't know, but it would be great if it was possible ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up