INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skip duplicates not working  (Read 681 times)

rritchey

• Change this by choosing profile
Skip duplicates not working
« on: April 01, 2004, 11:56:52 am »

I've just finished burning my entire CD collection into the APE format and I'd now like to mirror the collection into MP3s for use in my portable music player.  For various reasons (mainly performance) I'd prefer to handle this as a batch operation as opposed to letting MC perform the conversion on the fly when transferring the music onto my player.  The problem I'm having is that when I go to convert the music, MC does not seem to be paying attention to the skip duplicates checkbox.  Even if the MP3 already exists, it still converts the file and places another copy in the destination directory.  This makes it very inconvenient as I now have to manually determine which files I've already converted instead of just selecting the entire database and letting MC figure out which files need conversion.  In case it matters, I am having it mirror the directory structure, and I have told it not to update the database.  I'm running MC 10.0.100.

Any help appreciated.

Ron

rritchey

• Change this by choosing profile
Re:Skip duplicates not working
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 08:42:13 pm »

Bump!  Anyone have any advice?

Thanks,
Ron

pipsqueak

• Citizen of the Universe
  • "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2004, 08:44:45 pm »

not sure how helpful this is but...

delete the mp3's then overnight copy them all. that way there wont be any dups and if you ever need to copy any more use the date created function so you only copy whats new

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 10:20:47 am »

Or wiat for the first time MC asks you if you want to overwrite a file and say 'yes to all'.

Not right, but should work.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up