INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Re:New feature request for next version (as borrowed from Lunchmeatvoom)  (Read 1213 times)

Cindy_B

• World Citizen
  • I Love My MC !

I think a great feature would be the availability to use
video only codacs to use as visualizations.

Playing mp3 to family silent movies.... etc... running in the background.

Maybe have a filters that direct songs or groups of songs to certain "video only"  librarys.

Wouldn't that be awesome?  :o

DiscSpinner

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re:New feature request for next version (as borrowed)
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 10:30:59 pm »

I think a great feature would be the availability to use
video only codacs to use as visualizations.

Playing mp3 to family silent movies.... etc... running in the background.

Maybe have a filters that direct songs or groups of songs to certain "video only"  librarys.

Wouldn't that be awesome?  :o

Great Idea Cindy!

Maybe have the tag filter defaults set to visualizations, but changeable to a image libraries or video libraries.

Sounds great!!!!  I would love that! ;D

It would be awesome to see ambient backgrounds switching between visualizations, images and videos?  Sounds incredible if it could be done!

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 10:30:36 am »

My feature requests for 10.1, or V11, or whatever it's called, would be:

1.  ALBUM REPLAY GAIN.  For one glorious moment there during the development of 10.0, it looked like JRiver were actually going to put this in... then it all went quiet again.   I'd really like the ability to give all tracks on an album the same amount of Replay Gain.  Whether it's the lowest value for the album, the highest value for the album, or an average, doesn't really matter, as long as they're the same.

2.  The ability to manually edit Replay Gain values for individual tracks.

3.  The ability to apply, or not apply, Replay Gain to individual tracks when copying to a portable device.  At the moment it's an "all or nothing" approach.

4.  The ability to check whether or not a PC is running UK English, and for the program to correctly spell its name as Media Centre.  OK, this is kind of unlikely, but it's a nice thought. ;D

5.  PlayingNow or similar integrated into the application properly, with matching templates for all available skins available by default.

And probably a load of other stuff I can't think of right now.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 12:17:25 pm »

My tiny request is to make [Random], random.
It certainly has preferences as it is now.

urlwolf

• World Citizen
  • building gomotron!
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 12:30:25 pm »

There is an easy solution for that. Just use the Mersenne twister:
http://www.math.keio.ac.jp/~matumoto/emt.html

It has the deepest period of all random number generators, and it is available for commertial use. It is implemented in just a few lines of code.

dikdirk

• I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2004, 08:05:05 am »

My feature requests for 10.1, or V11, or whatever it's called, would be:

1.  ALBUM REPLAY GAIN.  For one glorious moment there during the development of 10.0, it looked like JRiver were actually going to put this in... then it all went quiet again.   I'd really like the ability to give all tracks on an album the same amount of Replay Gain.  Whether it's the lowest value for the album, the highest value for the album, or an average, doesn't really matter, as long as they're the same.

2.  The ability to manually edit Replay Gain values for individual tracks.

[---]

5.  PlayingNow or similar integrated into the application properly, with matching templates for all available skins available by default.

I totally go for these ideas! Right now I've manually edited a few of my mp3-files where the replay gain was really not comparable to the other songs on the album using a hex-editor(actually this isn't that hard). Especially intro-tracks (20sec preludes to the real track) have horrible replay gain.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2004, 09:52:49 am »

There is an easy solution for that. Just use the Mersenne twister:
http://www.math.keio.ac.jp/~matumoto/emt.html

It has the deepest period of all random number generators, and it is available for commertial use. It is implemented in just a few lines of code.

Excellent! So, since it is easy I hope to see it soon.

roognation

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Resistance is /dev/null
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2004, 11:56:53 pm »

Please oh please get this going right !  I just asked for a CD worth of random music and was blessed (out of 25,000+ songs) with 2 songs from Sly & The Family Stone and 2 songs from Pearl Jam.  True fans of random await...or at least nearly random.

One trick I learned from an AMX programmer while doing random functions on their control system: run the random function a random number of times to obtain a more random result.  Whamo, that thing works like a champ.  Is there any text on what RANDOM MC is using?  Or a version history?  I think for those of us who use MC 98 percent of the time for music, this will be very interesting.

Thanks for reading!
==
roognation
human electrode

dNj

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I might be a porcupine.
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2004, 09:54:19 am »

I would like the ability to dock/un-dock (windowed view) my playing now list.  
I am currently cleaning tags for over 5 gigs of new music.  While cleaning tags I want to be able to listen to new music, rate tracks and delete unwanted new tracks.  It would be great if playing now was un-docked that way I don't have to jump between folders to delete or rate a track.  I can have the un-docked playing now hopefully "on top always" option.

LonWar

« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2004, 10:02:44 am »

I would like the ability to dock/un-dock (windowed view) my playing now list.  
I am currently cleaning tags for over 5 gigs of new music.  While cleaning tags I want to be able to listen to new music, rate tracks and delete unwanted new tracks.  It would be great if playing now was un-docked that way I don't have to jump between folders to delete or rate a track.  I can have the un-docked playing now hopefully "on top always" option.

With the Playing Now Plugin you can have Previous, Current and Next showing in a new pop up...
-
Pages: [1]   Go Up