INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media modes  (Read 703 times)

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
Media modes
« on: April 01, 2004, 01:09:35 pm »

Favorites are mode dependent... (I think it's always been this way)

If you are in ALL Media and create a favorite for AudioViewScheme1(AVS1), the location is set to [Media Library\Audio\AVS1].....   If you are in Audio only and create the favorite, the location is set to [Audio\AVS1].
The favorite will only work if you are in the view mode that it was created in. If you are in the wrong view mode nothing happens at all.

This is confusing, you have to remember the view mode and change it before using the favorite, or just leave it in ALL Media mode all the time....

So now it seems like you have to decide between using favorites or view modes.... you can't easily use them together....  unless I'm missing something......

Can MC be programmed to change the mode automatically???

Jim

Ken Brookings

• World Citizen
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Re:Media modes
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2004, 06:52:36 pm »

Steve, Continuation of problem of missing files in database problem for Kbrookings.

I made a playlist in MC of some files on the iPOD and some files not on the iPOD.  It appeared to sync perfectly; decoding and encoding the new files and then syncing the whole playlist.  

After the process, the iPOD, when viewed thru MC showed the new correct number of files and the playlist showed.

However, on the iPOD there was no change whatsoever in file count, the new files did not show in the database and no sign of the playlist.

Help!  I'm leaving flying out Wednesday to pick up my new Mini-Cooper and drive it home cross country.  I had a jack installed to connect my iPOD to the sound system in the car.  Its my music for 40 hours of driving!!

Thanks much,
Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up