INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ok now that I have gone APE, what do I  (Read 1079 times)

WolfWalker

• Galactic Citizen
Ok now that I have gone APE, what do I
« on: November 21, 2002, 04:50:43 am »

do with the files downloaded from emusic in that pesky mp3 file format at 128.

should I convert them to ape, wave clean them up then go to ape, leave them as they are or just go out and by the album and then rip them to ape.

any and all suggestion are excepted.

so enlightened me will ya
So much music so little time!

Swordsman

• Recent member
  • There can be only one...
Re: Ok now that I have gone APE, what do I
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2002, 05:25:33 am »

Never try to go "up" in quality - it just isn't possible.  Taking an MP3 and making it into WAV or APE is just wasting space.  An MP3 only contains a certain percentage of the original data from the original WAV file.  An APE file from that MP3 would still only contain that same percentage of original data, and would now take up alot more room.
Your only two options are leave as is, or go out and buy the CD's.  I recommend buying the CD's, but that depends on how sensitive your ears are.  Listening to a playlist mixing MP3's and APE files could be annoying (good quality APE then less quality MP3 then good quality APE then less quality MP3)...

zevele10

Re: Ok now that I have gone APE, what do I
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2002, 09:10:05 am »

TRANSCODING IS A PLAGUE

Let say that like many on this forum -zevele,scronch,charlemagne8,xen , KingSparta ,Doof and JimH - you have small brains,do you think that to eat like a pig and got X pounds more would make your brains bigger and better?
The same with lossy formats
You have many solutions
-Convert your Ape to mp3-but i would  never ever tell you such a thing because i know Matt is not in vacation and he mays know my snail address
- to buy all the cds you get from Emusic a no way solution  if you do not win loto

There is another solution ,not THE solution but making things 'moins pire ' as i say =less worse
Put replay gain to all songs. If you play a playlist not of great help . But if you play full albums it can help
Pages: [1]   Go Up