INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Difference's in handheld support  (Read 576 times)

MarSies

• Galactic Citizen
  • Keep on doing mambo ...
Difference's in handheld support
« on: April 07, 2004, 03:11:31 am »

I would like to know what the difference are in handheld support:
  • What are the extra features when there is a plug-in for a handheld like the iPOD
  • What are the extra features when it is a WMDM handheld
  • What are the extra features when the handheld behaves like a fixed diskdrive
Is it possible to have a the same view of your handheld music like on the PC. I mean seeing the type of music along with artist and albumname.Why can't I see the rating on my handheld like on the PC.

MarSies .....

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re:Difference's in handheld support
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2004, 09:51:59 am »

MarSies,

What are the extra features when there is a plug-in for a handheld like the iPOD

It depends on what information the player manufactur makes available through a software developers kit (SDK).

What are the extra features when it is a WMDM handheld

WMDM is a type of SDK and makes certain information available. Whatever the player makes available via this SDK, MC shows.

What are the extra features when the handheld behaves like a fixed diskdrive

When a player behaves as a fixed drive there is no SDK. Any information that is shown is generated as if the file were resident on your PC.

Is it possible to have a the same view of your handheld music like on the PC. I mean seeing the type of music along with artist and albumname.Why can't I see the rating on my handheld like on the PC.

The type of music (i.e. mp3, ape) should already be shown. The rating is now included in tonight's build.
Pages: [1]   Go Up