INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I Do This with Media Center??  (Read 770 times)

Kid_Squid

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Can I Do This with Media Center??
« on: April 13, 2004, 01:28:09 pm »

I am looking for a software package or a hardware device that can do the following:

The pc/software or hardware would store a large (10,000+) .mp3 collection and play, via the sound card (not stream) in the following manner...

I want to create a playlist very similar to a radio station format clock...for example

Play 2 Rock Songs
Then 1 Country
Then 2 Dance
Then 2 Rock
Then 2 Oldies
etc...

The system would randomize songs that are in each of the category directories..... and then play automatically

So you could turn the system on and forget about it....and basically have your own radio station playing songs in the rotation you want.

Thoughts....Suggestions...any conversation is eagerly awaited!

Squid

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
Re:Can I Do This with Media Center??
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 02:38:20 pm »

I just tried to do something like this, and let me first say that i haven't been using media center for very long so there is a good chance that i have no idea what i am talking about.

This is the method i have used to come up with something close to what you want.

make 3 hotlist with these options but change the genres:
[media type]=[audio] ~n=3 ~sort=[Random] ~nodup=[Artist],[Name] [Genre]=[Indie]

then make a new hotlist and include all of your genre lists.  The result is what you want unfortunately it doesn't resort after playing once through which is a rather critical part of your setup, but maybe someone here has some idea how to get the sublists to resort after one play through...

Good luck
Kain
Pages: [1]   Go Up