INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request for better m4p support  (Read 1038 times)

jgullion

• Recent member
  • Still Wacko after all these years
Request for better m4p support
« on: April 12, 2004, 12:35:48 am »

First off, I love MC (7 though 10).  It just gets better with each release!  And the integration with the iPod has come a long way in a short time.

But since I have started using the iTunes service to buy music, the fact that AAC/m4p songs are not natively supported has started to show problems.  Visualizations not working is a minor thing.  But not being able to use the audio analysis tool and not being able to burn CDs with these songs is a fairly large hassle.

Are there any hopes in the future of having all the functions of MC10 supported for these protected files?

Or if anyone has any ingenious workarounds, I would love to hear them.

Thanks

mooseman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
Re:Request for better m4p support
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2004, 01:47:47 am »

I too would love to see better support with iTunes files, especially burning the files.  Though I beleive the problem is the fact that due to costs they are forced to reverse engineer (iPod), and create behind the scenes workarounds (using Quicktime to play the m4p files).  Costs to license I beleive were prohibitively expensive.  

Would it be cost effective to have a seperate plugin, those who want the extra functionality may be willing to purchase an extra??

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
Re:Request for better m4p support
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2004, 10:30:31 am »

Would it be cost effective to have a seperate plugin, those who want the extra functionality may be willing to purchase an extra??

total guess here, but I don't think there are nearly enough iPod users to spread that cost to.  I would geuss it would cost more than MC to just buy the plug-in, and maybe more than the iPod, but that's just a guess.
pretend this is something funny
Pages: [1]   Go Up