INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 10.0.114 Available  (Read 3694 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 10.0.114 Available
« on: April 14, 2004, 04:42:05 pm »

Please use this thread for bugs only.  If you're not sure whether it's a bug, or you need to ask a question, please start a new thread.  

The latest version of 10 is here: ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter100114.exe

Information on upgrading or purchasing is here:
http://www.musicex.com/mediacenter/purchase.html

10.0.114 (4/14/04)

1. Changed: If iPod is connected and WMDM is enabled, option will be given to deactivate WMDM support.
2. Fixed: Multiple pop-up windows could appear if user inserted an audio CD several times without dismissing the pop-up windows.
3. Changed: When attempting to play a track on a volume that is not found (e.g. CD was ejected), the message box is more informative.
4. Fixed: Skinned tree selection could draw text overflowing out of the selection bubble.
5. Fixed: Installer will remove old temporary installation files that could be left behind by previous installs in some cases.
6. Changed: When failing to load a library at a given path, MC will report what path it is failing to load from.
7. Fixed: "Update Library" would not remove missing files when the "Update File Information" box was checked.
8. NEW: Added the option to CD views to view a CD recursively. (use controls at the bottom of the list -- like in My Computer views)

Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Sauzee

Re:Media Center 10.0.114 Available
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2004, 06:34:23 pm »

8. NEW: Added the option to CD views to view a CD recursively. (use controls at the bottom of the list -- like in My Computer views)

Fantastic. Thanks guys   ;D

jolo

• World Citizen
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2004, 07:10:44 pm »

:)Just amazing how you work directly with your customer base to improve your product.

Especially in the day of offshoring where quality sucks and there is no loyalty or connection between customer and vendor.

This is the best I have ever seen.

Jon

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2004, 07:36:56 pm »

Regarding my last bug notice (pasted below);
MC also crashes sometimes if I have put a CD in the drive and then delete the volume information for that CD in the "Volumes" view scheme.

Is there an option to wipe the Volume information for CDs? I imagine there should be. Otherwise it's too complicated a process for beginners to get MC to see the CD information obtained by using other software.

-------Paste-------
This has been happening for a few builds for me:

I'm ripping with two drives. If one cant find the info for a cd i go to the "volumes" view scheme find the "untitled" entry and delete it. Then I load up RealPlayer which finds the CD info. Go back to MC and it too sees the info.

Then, when I go to rip. MC crashes every time during "rip initialization.

If I open MC up again and try to rip it works fine.

TarbhUisge

• Recent member
  • Hunting Druids; for their shoes...
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2004, 07:56:06 pm »

If you select a file or files from within the MC window and choose Tools->Advanced Tools->CD Labeler and a field of the tag info contains an illegal file/path character (example ":"),  Windows (running XPPro) will sound an error.  If you then click "Preview", MC bails with:

MS VC++ Runtime Lib.
Runtime Error!
Program: c:\blah\...\CDLabeler.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

I posted this about two releases ago (110???) and JohnT thought it may be related to images but I have found that it appears to be the character and not an image issue.  And it looks like it will occur if an illegal (at the ":" character) is in any of the tag fields.  This error seems to be a little odd because I would think having any character in the ID tag would be fine ([ISO-8859-1] characters in the range $20 - $FF) just not in the path/filename...

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Thanks - Tim

Roar

• Recent member
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2004, 08:32:36 pm »

BUG?

After upgrading from Media Center 10.0.112 to 10.0.114, I noticed that when using Theater View, the list of songs (whether in List mode or Thumbnail mode) no longer scrolls to keep the currently playing song visible on the screen.

Could this be an unintended side-effect of the Theater View display optimizations mentioned for the 10.0.113 release?

- Roar

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2004, 08:56:36 pm »

I have 'Import automatically' deselected.

Added a CD worth of APL files, edited them for date and added an image from file. Analyzed them.

The files are added to the library. Shouldn't have been according to my settings.

Speaking of analyzing, that took 100% of my CPU and made the system nonresponsive for the 15 files. Maybe because they were APLs.

pipsqueak

• "Actually, it's elementary, my dear Dawson!"
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2004, 09:19:07 pm »

ive noticed that some of my filenames are too long (256 for mp3, 64 for aac or whatever), but when im changing them manually MC comes up with a message "cannot complete operation, this may occur when the files are read only, corrupt or in use" (or words to that effect).

well none of those three options are correct, and MC actually does change the names despite the error warning ...

park

• MC Beta Team
  • I wish I had more to say!
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2004, 01:43:06 am »

Sorting:
Also I right click on the list in the library and then click sorting to a preset. However, a kind of hybrid 'sort' is done which seems to be a mixture of whatever columns were being sorted before, and the new 'sort'.
To force it to work I have to open the "Customize view" box, and add the new preset in there.

MC always uses "stable sorting" -- meaning that the initial order or equal items is preserved.  This is generally considered a nice feature. (if something worse than that is happening, please send a screenshot to matt @ jriver.com)

Sorting with Panes:
I used to be able to have my list of files sorted by last played date, but when clicking on an album in the album pane it would sort to show me the files in track order.
Being able to set the sort on a pane by pane basis made MC very intuitive and convenient. I hope you bring that feature back.

Options > Tree & View > Sorting > Sort by Track # when viewing a single album

cryst

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2004, 03:14:36 am »

Auto size columns and manual resize does not work on the bolded (i.e. active) line.

JollyJim

• World Citizen
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2004, 03:58:20 am »

Problem with large image files......(not sure how long this has been there)

I have some 17mb images in MC and when I select image tools, the resize and rotate function do not appear on the sub-menu.

Images at 7mb and below are no problem - resize and rotate is present.

I don't have any images between 7mb and 17mb so can't say where the break point is.

not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

Jim

Media Center Registered 10.0.114 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 98 SE
Intel Pentium III 601 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 130 MB, Free - 26 MB
Resource Info: System - 51 %, GDI - 70 %, User - 51 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1106 / Shell32.dll: 4.72.3612.1700 / wnaspi32.dll: 2, 0, 0, 0 , ASPI for WIN32 DLL, Copyright © Adaptec 1995 / Aspi32.sys: N/A

Ripping /   Drive D: DVDROM 8X                 Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive E: PHILIPS PCRW804           Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: PHILIPS  PCRW804            Addr: 0:1:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: No
  Use playback settings: Yes /  Normalization: None

Quisp

• Galactic Citizen
  • Dol Sot Bi Bim Bap
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 05:59:27 am »

Thanks so much! I've been holding off with cataloging a few dozen CDs because the images were in 60+ keyword folders per CD.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2004, 08:56:38 am »

Problem with large image files......(not sure how long this has been there)

I have some 17mb images in MC and when I select image tools, the resize and rotate function do not appear on the sub-menu.

Images at 7mb and below are no problem - resize and rotate is present.

I don't have any images between 7mb and 17mb so can't say where the break point is.

not sure if this is a bug or a feature...

Jim

Resize and rotate are only available for JPEG files. (rotate is a lossless jpeg rotate)

@l@n

• World Citizen
  • bla bla bla, bla bla bla bla
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 09:33:59 am »

Matt, I'm still having a problem with MJFileAutomation's GetImageFile function with the latest build.

Please see the thread http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=20643 in the Plug-in Development forum for a detailed description of the problem.

Thanks...  @l@n
Download the aLyrics plug-in at http://aLyrics.auldridge.biz

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 11:31:24 am »

Sorry Park, I accidently edited your message instead of replying with a new one.  Must be lunch time...

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2004, 01:03:57 pm »

BUG: Theatre view ignores non alphabetic album sorting. My sorting goes
Artist
Date(Year)
Album
Track #
So selecting an artist and pressing return in Mega-Me plays all their albums in chronological order.
Selecting the same artist in Theatre View and pressing Space plays the albums in alphabetical order. This happens even if I put a Year level in before Album.

BUG: Vis Studio - Cover art doesn't always change if OnEquation is set to something complicated. See this thread
This bug has existed since 8.0. Since I can't have a static image on my plasma (burn-in), and I can't animate cover art around the screen, I can't use cover art at all in my visualisations. Is there any chance of getting this fixed?

Chris Shaw

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2004, 01:31:25 pm »

BUG: Right clicking on a WAV file in Explorer, then doing Media Center->Edit gives an error message of "Error decoding file". If you then do File->Open on the same file, it's fine.

Media Center Registered 10.0.114 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 3 (Build 2195)
Intel Pentium 4 1788 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 308 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000 / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3502.5436 / wnaspi32.dll: 4.71 (0001) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-2002 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.71 (0001)

Ripping /   Drive E:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No  

Burning /  Drive E: MATSHITA UJDA730 DVD/CDRW   Addr: 2:0:0  Speed:8  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None
Pages: [1]   Go Up