INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: problems with v 8.0.372  (Read 667 times)

ron

• nothing more to say...
problems with v 8.0.372
« on: November 19, 2002, 09:09:39 pm »

I recently downloaded Media Jukebox v 8.0.372 trial edition. I am currently evaluating it with a view to purchasing it. However, I have encountered the following three problems: :'(

1) I can successfully rip CD's with other programs but not with Media Jukebox. The process starts by opening up the "CD copy [MP3 Encoder]" window and the status for the first track says "Initializing..." and then "copying..." I can hear the CD start up but then it freezes and I get a Windows "End Program" error message. The entire program then shuts down.

2) While the program can access the YADB, some cd's are not on this database. When I try accessing
the CDDB, I cannot. For example, when I select "Get information from CDDB" under the tools menu,
the following happens: The CDDB window appears stating "Action: Accessing file CDDB information"
The "status:" briefly announces "connecting to the server" but then the status changes to
"CDDB: Malformed Command sent from server to client".

3) The program does not appear able to "get cover art from the internet". I am not sure
if this is related to the fact that it cannot access the CDDB, but when I select this command from the tools
menu, it appears to conduct a search but then it does not come up with anything. I have tried a range of albums with the same (non)result.

Please can you suggest solutions.

Thanks
Ron
ron@law.co.za

Marko

Re: problems with v 8.0.372
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2002, 10:22:04 pm »

I'm pretty new to media Jukebox too, but will try to help out a little here....

Upgrading to version 8.0.388 (latest version from d'load page) might help Q1 and Q3, but won't make any difference with regards to Q2.

1) The 1st time I ripped a cd, and chose the mp3 encoder option, MJ hopped online to go get the mp3 plugin, wierd, but i ran with it, plugin installed fine, no problems since. So, possibilities for you are, do you have the plugin? if yes, did it install OK? might be worth using the plugin manager to remove and reinstall the encoder.

2) CDDB will no longer work with MJ. Since CDDB upped the liscencing fees, MJ dropped support for it in favour of it's own database, YADB. I get the feeling YADB is in it's infancy, there's a few threads around regarding it's lack of results. I guess if we upload the cd info of failed lookups, the DB could grow into something useful, though imo, that process needs to be made a really trouble free process for enough people to use it. (ie. after manually entering track/album/artist info, pop-up dialogue; "Upload info to YADB - Yes/No?")

3) Not sure about this one at all, sorry. It's a feature I've never looked at.
I'm sure someone far more qualified than myself will be along shortly to correct any errors I've made above ;)

The other thing that might help the pro's to help you, particularly with No.1 is to open MJ, click on Help > System info. then click the "clipboard" button, then paste it into your thread/post.

Helped a bit? hope so.
-=Marko=-
Pages: [1]   Go Up