Devices > Sound Cards, DAC's, Receivers, Speakers, and Headphones

Best 2.1 PC speakers?

(1/3) > >>

ipodman:
hi MC is great we all know that.  But with great PC speakers, MC is unstoppable!!!

Any recommendations for good PC speakers?  I cant do surround sound so am looking for the best 2.1 speakers I can find
JBL?

thanks

paulr:
Well, I don't know who is selling what these days, but I really like what I have:

Boston Acoustic Digital BA7500.

It's a 4.1 system, but you don't need to even hook up the rear speakers.  In fact, mine are silent (about 95% of the time) unless I am watching a movie on my PC.

Sound quality on these is superb, for computer speakers anyway. :)

I bought them 2 or 3 years ago, so I doubt these are still made, but Boston Acoustic, in general, can be trusted.

pipsqueak:
ipodman

i used to use creative itrigue's 2.1 speakers which were good for the money (cool silverish grey also) ($130). Klipsch do very very nice pc speakers (up to 5.1) but they cost more ($400). but if you want the best money can buy you would do better buying an external amplifier and connecting MC to it digitally (optical toslink or coaxial) and investing in a normal set of stereo speakers (i use JBL towers now).

also why are you limited to stereo? you know you can pump stereo out across more speakers. i currently have 5.1 and use 6-channel stereo mode on the amp which is great (i then switch to something more focussed when im sitting by the TV).

Nolonemo:
In terms of bang for the buck, hard to beat the Yamaha YST-MS50 2.1s if on sale, they usually sells for $110-$150, but I got a couple sets from buy.com a while back for around $60 (buy.com doesn't have any right now).

sirshambling:
I use Videologic Sirocco Pro - bought a few years ago at hideous expense but superb sound. Almost up to good near field monitor standard. Don't think they're made now sadly. I suspect they were too pricey to sell.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version